PDA

View Full Version : RB25DET Help

zerooath
02-21-2007, 01:15 PM
Hi i know syko performance has a dvd for a swap into an s13

do they have one for an s14? or does anybody know where to get one and is the s13 basically the same swap as the s14 so could i just use that dvd?

im doing the rb swap soon and need help on exactly all the parts i would need but i dont wanna buy the dvd if it wont help with an s14

what you guys think?

kouki_s14
02-21-2007, 02:53 PM
s13 install and s14 install are basically the same, very minor differences. i would say go ahead and buy it, there is a lot of detail on there that should help you. Also pm me if you need the Syko install kit, or if you have any other questions, feel free to hit me up on aim.

Fibercus
02-22-2007, 01:18 AM
same swap, different wiring ofcourse.

zerooath
02-22-2007, 07:20 AM
is the wiring harder?

anybody know where i can get a diagram or wiring service done?

Killa_D
02-22-2007, 12:37 PM
the guys at syko performance offer the wiring sevice

250sxdet
02-22-2007, 12:50 PM
Gary at Syko did my wiring. He even wired in ABS for me.

Fibercus
02-22-2007, 05:40 PM
I just gave it a shot, and if at any point I thought I got lost - then I would have sent it up for the $600 wiring service (300-600 I've seen depending on swap)

Seriously, am I crazy or is it not that hard?! I did it in my garage, took time but considering I just gathered the info from the web and did it np -> not bad. heck I can show you my notes (95 S14 -> S14 SR but I have also done S13sr -> s14 chassis, and s14sr -> s13 chassis) Perhaps not the swap your doing, but im sure the methods could be the similar.

Googled:
1. Found pin diagram for the engine & ecu side.
2. Found US S14 Chassis pins (from FSM)
3. Matched them up (reverse side of one pin to mirror, then move pins where they should meet the chassis)

Honestly the complicated stuff with the engine, comes already wired. It goes from enging to its own ECU (duh). The rest is just operating and monitoring wires. Starter, Tach, (some a little more complicated im sure) but the point being that its not like im trying to wire up a foreign ECU to the engine. Your only wiring up the dash basically.

Just for an example, pins are different:
Starter signal is n 34 on the dash side (US spec Vehicle harness side)
When you flip the JDM Engine / Ecu harness you find the starter signal is pin 48.

Make them meet / talk. You can pull every pin and start from begining - or do like I did and just go down the list oof those needed to swap. If I recall many met up by default. Either way, if you understand how to strip and solder (for longterm reliability) you can do it. Or tape them for now (testing like I did) and have a friend solder them if you must. I soldered all mine with shrink wrap afterwards.

I should post my step by step self harness notes, I still have them from years ago. ( in garage toolbox haha) if anyone plans to do the S14SR into S14 chassis - if it would help anyone. I

remember only having to extend the MAF sensor. The rest I did for neatness.

just my .02

timeless24
02-26-2007, 01:38 PM
can u pm me ur notes