PDA

View Full Version : pullin sr20 out of hatch into s14?.?

20 til 3
02-20-2007, 10:48 PM
alright, my tranny took a dump on me in my s14, and i was planning on doing a sr in it neways....but i need to have this car running because its my only form of transit

ok...but i have a 89 240sx already with a sr20det in it...runs but doesnt drive(long story...but engine/trans is good) but i have no idea what i should do about the wiring, i have an uncut sr20 harness laying around, should i cut that into the s14 harness

or will the harness/ecu work out of my s13?....i've searched but cant find anything, it would be great if anyone can help me out because i have a shop to do it...but i need to know where i should start...and with what setup

nrg
02-21-2007, 02:01 AM
you need a uncut harness from the s13 sr20. wiring is easy, hopefully you understand my diagram hah: [url]

opps, wrong link. i'll get it to you tomorrow.

20 til 3
02-21-2007, 10:34 AM
thanks man, i really cant find anything specifically for the s14...so yeah

nissanguy13
02-21-2007, 03:59 PM
you would save yourself the headache by just taking the uncut sr harnes and splicing the s14 in it. The main thing I can think of off the top of my head is the pop to non pop up lights. I know theres other wires that wont match up from the s13 to s14 but cant remember right now. ecu doesnt matter as long as its the one to the sr (#62).

boostin13b
02-21-2007, 04:03 PM
you would save yourself the headache by just taking the uncut sr harnes and splicing the s14 in it. The main thing I can think of off the top of my head is the pop to non pop up lights. I know theres other wires that wont match up from the s13 to s14 but cant remember right now. ecu doesnt matter as long as its the one to the sr (#62).

The pop up healights don't have anything to do with the engine harness. The main thing you have to worry about is the wiper harness runs throught the S14 engine harness and does not run through the S13 harness. The two engine plugs you have to wire on an S13 are in the passanger front fender area, and on the S14 it's under the dash next to the ECM.

statik
02-21-2007, 04:12 PM

huh? headlamp wiring is not in the EFI harness...

s13sr->s14 is much different than s13sr->s13, the power plugs you guys have near the battery tray are in a single plug located next to the ecu, also the ecu relay is next to the ecu, not in the engine bay. All the accessories need to be rewired like cruise control, windshield wipers, etc. as these are located in the upper s14 harness (same plug as the power plug near the ecu). There is a writeup floating around (search here and fa), ezmode

nissanguy13
02-21-2007, 06:55 PM
My bad I don't know why I was thinking the headlamp harness was connected into the engine harness, thanks for correcting me.

nrg
02-22-2007, 01:38 AM
http://www.driftingisgay.com/img/s13sr_in_s14.jpg

there's the wiring diagram. hopefully you understand it.

You know how the s13 sr harness plugs into the fender/battery area? Well you take that end and pull it into the ECU area. That gets wired up to the F3 plug. For the wipers, you cut it from the KA harness and wire that up. ALL the colors should match.

here's something that can help:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/kidnrg/f3plug95240sx.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/kidnrg/redtopecupinout2.jpg

F10 and F9 from s13 sr20 harness gets wired up to the F3 s14 plug. You cut this plug off your KA harness.

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNjQ3NzM3NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg
1. is f3 harness from s14
2 and 3 is relay plug
4 is dash harness, but you dont cut the one off the S13 sr harness, you leave that alone. What you cut is the FEMALE end from the ka s14 harness. and wire that up to the F3 plug.

here's a link: http://web.archive.org/web/20040413124945/sr20.hybrids.jp/installations/s13sr_into_s14/s13sr_into_s14.html

g6civcx
02-22-2007, 06:47 AM
4 is dash harness, but you dont cut the one off the S13 sr harness, you leave that alone. What you cut is the FEMALE end from the ka s14 harness. and wire that up to the F3 plug.

Thanks for the writeup.

People generally do it like this:

a KA body harness - b soldering - c SR body harness - *plug* - d SR ECU harness - e SR ECU

But personally I prefer to cut the wires closer to the KA ECU if you don't care about the KA ECU any more. Your harness would go like this.

1 KA body harness -*plug* - 2 KA ECU harness - 3 soldering - 4 SR body harness - *plug* - 5 SR ECU harness - 6 SR ECU

That way, you have more wire length if you screw up your soldering and connections. All you have to do is unplug 1-4 without touching the KA body harness or SR ECU.

Plus if you ever wanted to go back to KA, all you have to do is unplug 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and plug in a new KA ECU harness and ECU. You won't have to modify your 1 harness.

nrg
02-22-2007, 01:06 PM
it doesn't even mater, you still have to chop up the stock KA harness because you really need the F3, and relay plug from it. Unless you go to the junk yard and cut the plugs you need, then you can save your KA harness; if you want to switch back to KA.

boostin13b
02-23-2007, 08:34 PM
it doesn't even mater, you still have to chop up the stock KA harness because you really need the F3, and relay plug from it. Unless you go to the junk yard and cut the plugs you need, then you can save your KA harness; if you want to switch back to KA.

.........after going SR, who would want to go back to KA:rofl: