PDA

View Full Version : Washer fluid

Vinny
02-20-2007, 02:09 PM
So I'm driving home and I notice my windshield is covored in salt. I use the switch to spray, but nothing comes out, but wipers are going. I got home and checked the fluid level. Perfectly fine, right at the line. I cleaned off the nozzles with some hot water just incase it was clogged and poked a pin through the holes as well to clear out any salt. Tried to spray once more and nothing happend except for the wipers going off.

What's the problem here?! Motor died? Hoses seem to be intact, I didnt see any wet spots when I checked under the hood. Help?!

Thanks in advance.

HalveBlue
02-20-2007, 02:11 PM
Check all the connections located on the fluid resevoir. Also check the hose connection on the hood. Some people forget to reattach that when they take off the hood to do work inside the engine bay.

Dutchmalmiss
02-20-2007, 04:33 PM
do you hear anything moving besides the wipers? you should hear a light buzzing sound which would be the squirter motor turning on.

kandyflip445
02-20-2007, 04:52 PM
Use the de-icer fluid when it's cold. You can use compressed air to blow out clogged squirters. I never tried it on the lines though.

los_inc
02-20-2007, 05:23 PM
you live in jersey it's been like -30 for 2 weeks bro
your water with blue dye is prolly frozen solid.
-los

eastcoastS14
02-20-2007, 06:19 PM
^^ filled the wiper fluid up in my girls civic the other day same deal... held the lever nothin came out but motor was goin i just kept holdin it for a bout 2mins and it started workin...let the pressure build all the way and it should work. see if the lines to the nozzels are clear and if u can see the fluid in them

Vinny
02-20-2007, 10:59 PM
Well...hoses are all intact....I dont hear the motor working though and weather is warming up. Today was around 40-45 degrees...which is above freezing temperatures, right? lol I tried it again and still nothing and the fluid I used was de-icer. So not really understanding, but i guess I'll wait it out til it gets warmer, if not, I'll take it to the shop to check out. Thanks for the help guys.

Dutchmalmiss
02-20-2007, 11:20 PM
Well you just said your squirter motor wasn't working. check the fuse/connections for that. if anything, it just might need to be replaced. It'll cost next to nothing at a junkyard.

Vinny
02-21-2007, 11:46 AM
good point...thanks.