PDA

View Full Version : Exeddy clutch install throwout bearing ??

CSXTacy
02-20-2007, 11:27 AM
ok i am finishing up with installing my new cluch on my SR and i came to a slight problem, im sure its a noobie question to most but i must ask. another person i know removed the stock throw out bearing off that shaft that hooks onto the pivot fork in the transmission now i must install the new throwout bearing provided with my clutch now my question is since i didn't remove the old bearing idk what direction the new one should be installed. on this exeddy throw out bearing there is a soild metal case and one one side there is a free spinning bearing. should this bearing be installed facing the clutch or the transmission??? i know this is prolly a real simple question to answer but i checked the forums to see if there were any posts pertaining to this question but i couldn't find any. any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!:)

Slidin240Wayz
02-20-2007, 11:46 AM
Free spinning on clutch.

Carlos

timtiminy
02-20-2007, 11:54 AM
one side should be rounded the other flat. install the bearing with the rounded side toward the engine/flexplate.

CSXTacy
03-05-2007, 11:43 AM
ok well after dealing with exedy for a while and getting the run around about them sending me the wrong bearing i have decided to try and use a stock throw out bearing i called nissan and had them order me a stock throw out bearing will this work with my exedy stage 2 clutch???? i searched the forums and only found this question but it was a centerforce clutch i didn't know if a stock throw out bearing would work on all makes and models of clutches

Bubba
03-05-2007, 03:18 PM
Last I checked the OEM bearing will work with nearly any clutch you have to put in it. I am glad you posted this because I just got home to find my T/O bearing sitting in the floor and the carrier freshly cleaned up on the counter. Cuz knocked it off of the carrier and forgot to mark which side was on the pressure plate side, the rust is hiding it. Thanks. I have my answer now.

lok
03-05-2007, 04:37 PM
What kind of clutch is it?

If it is a multi plate it should be smaller than the oem.

CSXTacy
03-06-2007, 10:03 AM
its just a 3 puk exedy stage 2 clutch nothin too fancy

http://phase2motorsports.stores.yahoo.net/exoemrepclut.html

exedy is still dodging my calls so i got a throw out bearing comming from nissan for a 89 240sx ka i just don't know if it will work!

contranication
03-06-2007, 10:11 AM
If you need a TO bearing I have 2 sitting around, One is slightly used OEM and the other is extra one I have from Spec
Just PM if you got any questions