PDA

View Full Version : Problem With My Spark Plug Wires

s13gold
02-20-2007, 01:44 AM
ka24de. i know for sure now its the wires thats holding my car back..
i just replaced the dis cap/ rotor and just put new plugs..

Alright so im basically wondering what kind of wires are you using?
What are you guys using...Help me out...Post some prices and where you bought them and your experience...

any input will be greatly appreciated.

MadScientist
02-20-2007, 01:57 AM
NGK 8mm Wires... dunno cost I got them years ago... I have always used Bosch Platnum 4 also. make sure your wires are not touching eachother or any metal as this will cause arc over.

Peace
Drew

rubberbiscuitt
02-20-2007, 07:57 AM
woah i havent seen secondary sparkplug wires in a long time. yay for coil on plug. if i ever had a car that used plug wires again i would get MSD super conductors 8.5 mm again. i had a set for over 2 years before i learned how to test static resistance. the longest one had 75 ohms. start looking for a set that have less than 1k ohms. it'll be a while. i think summit has them for less than $75.

Neejay
02-20-2007, 08:01 AM
NGK 8mm Wires... dunno cost I got them years ago... I have always used Bosch Platnum 4 also. make sure your wires are not touching eachother or any metal as this will cause arc over.

Peace
Drew
What? lol

My wires are touching like crazy. lol Is this equivalent to interference?

s13gold
02-21-2007, 12:23 AM
thanks for the input.....what are you other guys running...
who gots the hoookup..???? or some nice sites.?

contranication
02-21-2007, 09:48 AM
Taylor, 8mm they are pretty good and come in blue, red, black colors if you like... amsperformance.com is selling them for 70 bucks

MadScientist
02-21-2007, 10:57 AM
Yes if your wire are touching or on metal they will arc over and yes its like interfernce but it will cause the engine to stumble at random.

My engine has those little post (2) off the valve cover that hold the wire appart and away from the valve cover. They do break easy especially over the years... so hit up a junk yard or something.

Peace
Drew

240silvia
02-21-2007, 11:06 AM
well my buddy has a 500hp KA and he's running oem wires. What symptoms are you having that make you think it's your wires?

Neejay
02-21-2007, 11:17 AM
Yes if your wire are touching or on metal they will arc over and yes its like interfernce but it will cause the engine to stumble at random.

My engine has those little post (2) off the valve cover that hold the wire appart and away from the valve cover. They do break easy especially over the years... so hit up a junk yard or something.

Peace
Drew
Yeah, mine are broken, so my wires are twisted on each other randomly. Good to know, thanks.