PDA

View Full Version : Central FL. Drag Day!!!!!!

Lakelandkev
02-19-2007, 12:43 PM
Hi guys new to da Forum, Kevin....

I'm a 350z owner and I'm here to invite ALL 240 owners to a drag day in Lakeland,FL. MARCH 24th. 8AM-3-5PM or later..1/8 drag strip!!!!(Hwy33 & I-4). This event is being put on by Extremeturboshop.com Rob Cease is the owner. Club in attending are the following 350z club of FL. the OZOC of Orlando. South FL. Z club and G35 club of FL.. This is an ALL day NISSAN/INFINITY EVENT...That's right ONLY Nissan/Infinity...350's G's and 240's, Spec-v's(got at-least 1 SKYLINE attend.(Built motor/Turbo/R32) are also invited....Would luv for you guys to show up and see how your cars measure up, form what I've seen 240's put down some serious #'s...10 bucks for spectating and 20 bucks to run, food vendors will be out also!!!!! So bring your pocket books/ Hunger/ and let the Flaming or sh$t talking begin!!!:hsdance: .Should be AWSOME!!! PM me if you have questions...Or contact me for other info or list of attending!!!!:rawk: Thanks, Kevin...

Lakelandkev
02-20-2007, 05:41 AM
Bump.....Comments/Questions??????:aw:

boostin13b
02-20-2007, 06:33 AM
This a saturday? I hope I don't have to work cause i'll be there if I don't.

Lakelandkev
02-20-2007, 08:50 AM
Yep its a Saty!!! And little over a month away(about 5 weekends from now)....Thought that would give time for ppl to get ready and or time-off to come!!!...I think LKLD Nissan is going to bring out some 07 Z's for display also...Still waiting to hear back on that one...I've seen a 240 in TPA with about 450 on da dyno, so up against some F/I Z's and G's it should be a good race!!! Hope u make it out!!

boostin13b
02-20-2007, 07:17 PM
Lakeland Nissan doesn't exhist anymore.

Lakelandkev
02-21-2007, 12:19 PM
Sorry to let you in on this one, but they built a new dealership right across from BMW and down da street from Harley D. on Lakeland Highlands BLVD.(aka hwy33)...You can see the dealer from I-4 & exit 33 exit..!!
Also LKLD drag strip was closed for a bit also and has been re-opened with renovations(new track)...(been open for about 4-6 weeks).....Hope to see-ya there...

boostin13b
02-21-2007, 01:55 PM
Sorry to let you in on this one, but they built a new dealership right across from BMW and down da street from Harley D. on Lakeland Highlands BLVD.(aka hwy33)...You can see the dealer from I-4 & exit 33 exit..!!
Also LKLD drag strip was closed for a bit also and has been re-opened with renovations(new track)...(been open for about 4-6 weeks).....Hope to see-ya there...

Sorry, but like I said, lakeland Nissan does not exhist anymore. I work at the new dealership on strd 33 and I4, it's called Jenkins Nissan.

Lakelandkev
02-22-2007, 08:37 AM
Ohhh, I see what your saying. Sorry I just always seen it as LKLD Nissan.. I get my car serviced there every oil change. Silverstone 03 350z with TSW wheels and loud exhuast...:)

boostin13b
02-22-2007, 11:17 AM
Ohhh, I see what your saying. Sorry I just always seen it as LKLD Nissan.. I get my car serviced there every oil change. Silverstone 03 350z with TSW wheels and loud exhuast...:)

I know your car then.

Lakelandkev
02-22-2007, 08:55 PM
I'll more than likely be in there sometime next week or the one after for my oil change...

02-28-2007, 08:38 AM
I'll probably be there. Sounds like fun. Is there going to be more than just the two people posting back and forth about Jenkins Nissan?

Lakelandkev
03-01-2007, 09:18 AM
Na- I think we covered it...:) ...I got this out on lots of other sited and its looking like 30-40 peeps are showin up for the racing part don't know about the spectator part...Hope to see u there!!!:hsdance:

03-01-2007, 12:05 PM
Cool! I posted a link to this thread in Club240.com. No responses as of yet!

Lakelandkev
03-02-2007, 08:16 AM
Cool Bro, I appriciate that I'm trying to get the word out!!!! It should be GREAT!!! Lots of JDM Nissan/Infinity action!!! I can't wait...If woundn't have bought my 350Z I would have bought a 240, I luv seen them out on the drag strip and some Stang FACKERS talkin sh$t and the boosted 240 blow the doors of him:hsdance: ....We went to Super-car Challange in Bradenton last Dec. and one guy from Orlando was invited with his 350z TT/built motor/NOS/T400 auto tranny...Let's put it this way some Viper Biatches were talkin crap and the best time for a TT viper was 11 flat(in the 1/4), well the 350 ran a 10.40@ 133mph...Again stuffed there mouths(crap talkin stopped):keke: :naughty: :) ...Can't wait to see everyone out there!!!

boostin13b
03-02-2007, 07:26 PM
Should be a pretty good turnout. A lot of people will probably just go to look at the cars. There isn't much to do in lakeland, so if there is an event like this, it's pretty much the thing to do here.

Lakelandkev
03-05-2007, 09:45 AM
Should be a pretty good turnout. A lot of people will probably just go to look at the cars. There isn't much to do in lakeland, so if there is an event like this, it's pretty much the thing to do here.

Very true...I'm runnin, try and get a better 60ft....One of my other buddies has an auto like mine with Valve body and 100 shot of NOS and hit the dyno jet with 305hp to the wheels, so can't wait to see what his #'s are....I'm hopeing I'll have my stand-alone ingnition done, and re-map of my ECU...:hsdance: ...Bump- will be a great time!!!...(p.s. will be @ nissan this week for oil change)..

boostin13b
03-05-2007, 07:52 PM
I believe I saw your car there 2 weeks ago. I saw 2 of our customers and I believe both were running around 9.0's

Lakelandkev
03-05-2007, 09:46 PM
Nope was not me, both of those cars were chrome silver one was Mike that got the new mortor/ 6spd not to long ago also. And the other was Chris he's the one runnin NOS/Auto tranny. Mine's Silverstone w/ TSW Thruxtons(gunmetal)...

Lakelandkev
03-07-2007, 11:32 AM
Was at the dealer Tues. mornin for da oil change....Always talk to Brad..Nice guy.

Lakelandkev
03-10-2007, 08:11 AM
Sorry Guys No Drag Day...not Due To Me Or My Buddy From The Turbo Shop We Got Refuned Our Money. From What I Understand The Owners Of The Property And Tenant(track Guys) Are Going To Have A Legal Battle Go On Due To The Property Owners Saying They Can Only Have The Drag Strip Open On Certain Days..(telling The Leased Guys When They Can Do Business)...so, No Drag Day...i'm Pissed Was Looking Forward To It..sorry Again Kevin:-/

03-10-2007, 04:01 PM
Why not have the meet somewhere else.....at least it's better than nothing!! Even though it sucks about the drag being cancelled. Just a sugestion.....

boostin13b
03-10-2007, 05:15 PM
When is he moving into the new shop? He should have a grand opening type of deal there if it's soon. I'm waiting for a local dyno to tune on.

Lakelandkev
03-11-2007, 11:06 AM
Why not have the meet somewhere else.....at least it's better than nothing!! Even though it sucks about the drag being cancelled. Just a sugestion.....

Well the time frame is too short to move somewhere else...But from what I understand, the ppl leasing the track are now looking into building their own...Turst me I wish there was a way to still do this, I'm just as disapponited as the next person..:-/ ....I'll see about meeting at his shop if you guys like..(P.S. he's doing a built motor for an 03-04 Z06 for TT's:eek: ). It's over buy Lakeland Linder Airport..(alot of parking there)..Post back and let me know???

Lakelandkev
03-11-2007, 11:11 AM
When is he moving into the new shop? He should have a grand opening type of deal there if it's soon. I'm waiting for a local dyno to tune on.

The dyno he uses has all the additives to tune even the factory ECU while on the dyno....I'll see if we can turn this into a dyno day or something..:hs:

boostin13b
03-11-2007, 12:15 PM
The dyno he uses has all the additives to tune even the factory ECU while on the dyno....I'll see if we can turn this into a dyno day or something..:hs:

A friend of mine has a shop in the same complex as him. I heard he didn't have the dyno up and running yet. I have AEM and a wideband, so I just need the dyno to tune my timing maps for pump and race gas.

Lakelandkev
03-12-2007, 12:08 PM
A friend of mine has a shop in the same complex as him. I heard he didn't have the dyno up and running yet. I have AEM and a wideband, so I just need the dyno to tune my timing maps for pump and race gas.

Yeah your right, but he tunes on a dyno on the northside somewhere. Lookup Extremeturboshop.com and the name is Rob Cease tell him I sent ya. And he'll hook u up...He's supposed to have one in soon..

03-12-2007, 01:38 PM
Well the time frame is too short to move somewhere else...But from what I understand, the ppl leasing the track are now looking into building their own...Turst me I wish there was a way to still do this, I'm just as disapponited as the next person..:-/ ....I'll see about meeting at his shop if you guys like..(P.S. he's doing a built motor for an 03-04 Z06 for TT's:eek: ). It's over buy Lakeland Linder Airport..(alot of parking there)..Post back and let me know???

I'm up for whenever/wherever! It doesn't really matter to me. I live in the Po'duck town of Zephyrhills and don't know anybody with a Nissan other than my father-in-law ('93 300zx). He had planned on going as well. I think I'm the only one in Zephyrhills that has even heard of 240sx or Nissan's in general. It's essentially a Ford/Chevy town. Let me know if you can get something together.

Lakelandkev
03-13-2007, 08:21 AM
I'm up for whenever/wherever! It doesn't really matter to me. I live in the Po'duck town of Zephyrhills and don't know anybody with a Nissan other than my father-in-law ('93 300zx). He had planned on going as well. I think I'm the only one in Zephyrhills that has even heard of 240sx or Nissan's in general. It's essentially a Ford/Chevy town. Let me know if you can get something together.

Funny same here in LKLD...Will do..:)

boostin13b
03-14-2007, 10:26 AM
Why don't we put together a Lakeland Nissan meet.

03-14-2007, 11:15 AM
Are you talking about Jenkins Nissan? Would there be more than just the three of us? If so, I'm up for it if everyone else is.

boostin13b
03-14-2007, 08:41 PM
I'm not talking about the dealership, I'm talking the city Lakeland Nissan meet. I've got at least 5 people that just work with me that will attend, we could have a meet/BBQ at a park, we usually go to the park near tigertown.

03-18-2007, 04:53 PM
Yeah, I'd be up for that... Sounds cool.... Let me know if it's a go!!!

Lakelandkev
03-19-2007, 11:11 AM
Yeah, I'd be up for that... Sounds cool.... Let me know if it's a go!!!

Sounds good too me also......:bigok:

Boostin, meet one of your guys from the dealer a few weeks back in his SR swap 240(red/turbo'd)...Sorry can't remember his name off hand...

Lakelandkev
03-19-2007, 11:21 AM
Ohhhhh, by the way got a call last week the guys from the track got there heads out there azz's sooooo. I'll get back to everyone on a time frame soon...And told them no-more B.S. this time....:naughty:

boostin13b
03-19-2007, 02:52 PM
Sounds good too me also......:bigok:

Boostin, meet one of your guys from the dealer a few weeks back in his SR swap 240(red/turbo'd)...Sorry can't remember his name off hand...

That's my friend Stephan, both he and I just moved down from Colorado not too long ago. He is staying with me for about a month. We just did that swap a few months ago.

Lakelandkev
03-19-2007, 04:04 PM
Sweeet, he's car sounds good...:)

03-22-2007, 09:23 AM
So is this thing a go or not? If so, where?

boostin13b
03-22-2007, 08:33 PM
It's a go whenever someone wants to start planning, I'm always up for a meet here in Lakeland. I'll be going back home to Colorado in the middle of next month so anytime but then.

Papo240
03-22-2007, 09:03 PM
Hi guys new to da Forum, Kevin....

I'm a 350z owner and I'm here to invite ALL 240 owners to a drag day in Lakeland,FL. MARCH 24th. 8AM-3-5PM or later..1/8 drag strip!!!!(Hwy33 & I-4). This event is being put on by Extremeturboshop.com Rob Cease is the owner. Club in attending are the following 350z club of FL. the OZOC of Orlando. South FL. Z club and G35 club of FL.. This is an ALL day NISSAN/INFINITY EVENT...That's right ONLY Nissan/Infinity...350's G's and 240's, Spec-v's(got at-least 1 SKYLINE attend.(Built motor/Turbo/R32) are also invited....Would luv for you guys to show up and see how your cars measure up, form what I've seen 240's put down some serious #'s...10 bucks for spectating and 20 bucks to run, food vendors will be out also!!!!! So bring your pocket books/ Hunger/ and let the Flaming or sh$t talking begin!!!:hsdance: .Should be AWSOME!!! PM me if you have questions...Or contact me for other info or list of attending!!!!:rawk: Thanks, Kevin...

Have to work on the 24th :duh: Let me know if you are going to have another event in the near future so I can take the Georgia boys down there next time

Lakelandkev
03-23-2007, 09:49 AM
^^^^^ Will do!!:p