PDA

View Full Version : Do i need a new tranny or what? PLEASE HELP

NotoriouS14
02-16-2007, 11:51 AM
hey there,.
sometimes my s14 when it is in gear does not want to go anywhere.it happened to me a couple of times, and sometimes it does.
i replaced the clutch with a brand new clutch kit 2 days ago. the KA has 90,000 miles on it..what could be the cause of my car not wanting to go anywhere even though its in gear?
yesterday it gave me the same problem and we purged it and it ran fine.but right now when i was about to leave it did the same thing.
do i need a new master cylinder, clutch cylinder, lines, tranny?input would be really helpful and appreciated.thanks

Tech12
02-17-2007, 04:49 AM
could you explain "does not want to go anywhere"? ie: I can rev, but car doesn't move, or I can rev, but I hear grinding and there is a funny smell.

g6civcx
02-17-2007, 05:48 AM
Check the entire drivetrain from the rear wheels to the flywheel. Based on your description, it could be anything from driveshafts to differential to propeller shaft to gearbox to clutch/flywheel not being installed correctly.

NotoriouS14
02-17-2007, 08:58 PM
i replaced the slave cylinder and the master clutch cylinder and it now works.:)