PDA

View Full Version : Help! Car won't go into gear

contranication
02-12-2007, 11:05 AM
I put a spec stage 2 clutch with a spec flywheel in my ka. Dampner delete, new pilot bushing, new TO bearing, agency ss clutch line and replaced fluid with valvoline syncthectic break fluid

For about a hundred miles I drove around and the clutch was working fine, pedal feel was a little soft and it was engaging kinda close to the floor, so I kept trying to adjust the pedal accordingly. One day in heavy stop and go traffic my car didn't want to go into gear. I figured it was just b/c it was warming up or part of the breaking in process. I pulled over and adjusted the cylinder push rod almost all the way out and then everything was perfect for two days.

Then the car started getting hard to shift, I stopped and adjusted the rod every which way imaginable and it still doesn't want to go into gear.

Now, I changed the slave cylinder and bled the system but it still doesn't want to go into gear, it will almost go into reverse but of course with a little grinding.

I am running out of ideas, I am replacing the master cylinder next but if that doesn't work, I really don't want to take the tranny off again without at least having a clue of what I am going to see F***** up in there.

drew935
02-12-2007, 11:53 AM
2 things:
You need to verify that the slave clyinder is moving the clutch fork. Does it go into gear with the clutch in and the engine off? Verify that there is no leak and that the slave is moving when the clutch is pressed with engine off.

Then with clutch or hydraulic parts replacement, only replace with oem or better. No remanu parts. Aftermarket is ok but more expensive than OEM.

I just replaced my slave on Saturday with OEM and not remanu like the first time. Lesson learned...

contranication
02-12-2007, 12:12 PM
The slave cylinder moves the clutch fork back and forth and the travel seems sufficient.

The tranny goes into all gears when the car is off.

Autozone is selling me the master for only 50 bucks and the OEM one is twice that much. Thats why I'm leaning toward aftermarket and I'm pretty sure its a brand new one but I will definetely check.

Wykydtron
02-12-2007, 12:15 PM
Did you bleed the lines properly? Sounds like you have an air bubble...

you shouldn't have touched the adjustments on the pedal... stock position should be fine unless your not getting proper hydraulic release when the pedal is all the way up...

sebazztard
02-12-2007, 10:53 PM
i had a similar prob once. i put a NEW clutch in my car and the next day it drove fine then it wouldnt shift anymore. took out the tranny and the springs on the clutch were already in peices. i didnt do the work but i was there when they put it in and it was put in correctly. maybe you have the same prob? ...and it would also shift when the car was off

soreballz
02-13-2007, 08:45 PM
Bump. A friend of mine is having the same damn problem with his FC.

nissanberto
02-13-2007, 08:53 PM
same thing happened to me, i had a new clutch, pressure plate, slave and master cylinder.. and i was driving for about a week then one morning it the clutch was really soft, then it was really hard, and so on and so forth for about 2 more days, then on the weekend i lifted it up, bleed the system, and i havnt had a problem since.

contranication
02-16-2007, 10:32 AM
Well I changed the master cylinder and flushed and bled the whole thing, adjusted pedal per FSM... The results: Clutch feels great but car still doesn't want to go into gear. I'm pulling the tranny off this weekend to inspect... I'll keep you guys updated

NotoriouS14
02-16-2007, 12:07 PM
im having the same problem.wtf. new clutch kit and it ran fine yesterday but today it doesnt want to move at all eventhough its in gear.