PDA

View Full Version : clutch acting up (and down)

94cc0rd
02-10-2007, 01:26 PM
Hey guys, somethings up with my clutch and I have no idea what it is because it randomly fixed itself today.

Yesterday in the morning, my clutch felt harder than normal and there was no freeplay at the top. As I drove it, the clutch would engage at the very very top where there used to be freeplay on the pedal. After a little bit more driving, the clutch started to slip really really bad. Like more than 10-20% throttle would slip the clutch..

So I didn't drive the car the rest of the day. Today I go out to adjust the pedal and before I touch anything, I push the clutch in and it feels perfectly normal with the 1/2" or so of freeplay and the clutch engaging where it did normally. I test drove it around the block and it didn't slip at all.

I have no idea what happened or what could be wrong and I'm worried that it might act up when I'm somewhere besides home...

Some background info, my clutch master and slave cylinder were swapped with brand new units about 3 months ago and a new RPS street sport clutch was installed about a month ago. Pilot bushing and throw out bearing were not replaced with new clutch. All fluids are level and everything else seems normal.

smurfgcr
02-10-2007, 05:34 PM
sucks you didnt replace the bearings. try bleeding the clutch? do you still have the dampening box on?

nissanberto
02-10-2007, 05:38 PM
same thing happened to me,, air in the line, and it seems like the fluid pushed it out itself.. when this was happening to me my master cylinder went out, so i would check all the lines and everything....so it doesnt happen again.