PDA

View Full Version : Which clutch?

Sil80girlie
07-24-2002, 06:02 PM
OK...I bought the ACT heavy duty and found out that the SR already had an aftermarket clutch (found out when I was installing the ACT..lol). Someone told me that it is the Cusco Rocket clutch.  Which one should I use?
The ACT is brand new....I don't know how old the (Cusco?) is....

silviasichigo
07-24-2002, 06:18 PM
Speaking from experiance but merely an opinion. I would use the Cusco Rocket clutch because it is a metal clutch and it will last a while. I used (and raced) my Rocket clutch (after the break in, but in this case you don't have to worry about it) for a year and 9 months. It is an excellent clutch and I think it is better quality than the ACT even in it's used condition. In any event you will still have a brand new ACT clutch to use after the Cusco is gone. That three puck clutch is very aggressive being it is only a sport type clutch. It will throw you down the track or into turns (what ever you preference is).

Sil80girlie
07-24-2002, 06:26 PM
It won't be too rough/difficult for street driving?

silviasichigo
07-24-2002, 06:36 PM
Well Actually it might be a little hard in that traffic you have to tend with. I live in a place right now where it's bumper to bumper everyday but I deal with it. I think it will be a little hard for daily driver but hey it is still a bad a$$ clutch. I have to though I now have a HKS Twin Plate and that is hard pedal pressure. I even put the damper back on to help with the pressure and still it is hard. So I think if you have pretty strong legs you won't have a problem.