PDA

View Full Version : Car won't start!

whateverjames
02-05-2002, 07:15 AM
yesterday i was sick, couldn't go to work, today my car won't start. when i turned the ignition everything was normal, and it started to crank over for a second and a half and just stopped, and all heard was a high pitched motor sound, i opened the hood and it sounded 'like' the fuel system when you turn the key over twice, but not start it. the high pitched sound got higher and higher so i grabbed the keys from the ignition hoping my car won't blow up or something. and the electric motor wouldn't stop running! i ran in the garage to get some tools to take off the battery wire to end the problem alltogether. when i put the wire back on, the electric motor, (starter i'm assuming) turns back on without the keys in the ignition! WTF two days missing work doesn't look good
should i just have it towed to the dealer or is there something i can do. i already called into work and their not too happy, that's been said and done, now i have to worry about fixing this by tomorrow. and my parents are out of town for the week, i have no car to drive. please help. thank you

240sxracer
02-05-2002, 12:59 PM
do you have a fix it manual from chilton? i believe its your starter when i get home tonight ill check my book i know i read about this on the troubleshooting area in the book. if i find it ill relay what it says it is or what to do.

misnomer
02-05-2002, 04:57 PM
Is it a slow turn and a half? Could just need a jumpstart or battery. When my battery wears out, I can usually get a crank or so, then either a whine or a clicking sound from the engine.

Arcane
02-05-2002, 06:45 PM
i had a problem starting my car this morning too...the engine will turn but won't start...i took it to pep boys and they said that the engine could have just been flooded???  is that possible if i haven't touched the car in 12 hours???  also, there is no communication between the scanner and the ECM???  could this be the problem???