PDA

View Full Version : Car battery problem.

jafero
02-04-2007, 08:41 PM
I was doing KA single cam to dual cam conversion. I got the engine started for the first time and it seemed like battery was too low on charge as the engine cranked slow.
So I and my friend put a big ass bosch battery from a friend's 97 Mitsubishi Mirage at his suggestion. When we were connecting the battery terminal to the battery we heard loads of click click noises and some popping noises.
When I started the car again, engine didn't crank, but I only heard starter solenoid running noise. After this I found out that my hazard light, turn signals, power windows didn't work. I checked their fuses and the fuses were fine. What could have gone wrong?

SochBAT
02-04-2007, 08:55 PM
have you checked your starter?

Take it out, check at Vatozone, replace if necessary.

s13gold
02-04-2007, 08:58 PM
kinda the same problem...take off the terminals...then clean off the wires cuz mine had alot of acid but from the outside you couldnt even see it..or any signs of it...well i hope this helps....post back

jafero
02-04-2007, 09:45 PM
Thanks for the replies, guys. When I put the old battery in again after that happened, engine cranked again. So I believe starter is fine.
What I would like to know is if I busted any electricals with that big ass Bosch battery from the 97 Mirage. Is by any chance the Bosch battery 24V instead of 12V?

s13gold
02-04-2007, 09:59 PM
did u try what i posted...

Gnnr
02-04-2007, 10:08 PM
Thanks for the replies, guys. When I put the old battery in again after that happened, engine cranked again. So I believe starter is fine.
What I would like to know is if I busted any electricals with that big ass Bosch battery from the 97 Mirage. Is by any chance the Bosch battery 24V instead of 12V?

Umm, unless you reversed the polarities by mistake, I doubt it. The fuses and relays in your car are designed to protect it, and they would blow out first before anything else did. Assuming everything is wired correctly with the correct rated fuse amperage.

jafero
02-04-2007, 10:29 PM
S13 gold> it doesn't work. Thanks.

Gnnr> What if we did that by mistake, what could happen?