PDA

View Full Version : Bleeding Coolant....

Bigballin
02-04-2007, 12:15 PM
is there any other efficient way to bleed the system other than the screw on the intake manifold?? mine broke off... or should i just drill 10mm hole where the old screw was?

also is it ok for the radiator to have a little free play since my fan shroud can no longer be used cause of my electric fan?

ThaiTea
02-04-2007, 12:36 PM
jack the front of the car up very high....do it on a slanted driveway help too...dont forget the side brake.
get it high enough where the filler of the rad is the highest point. top it off...squeeze the hose a few time....start it up let it warm little bit with the cap off and continue to squeese hose....keep topping it off.....when no more coolant is needed close cap.....and drive and keep an eye on the coolant level in in the resavoir for next few days....and good luck....

drilling into the intake manifold is risky with the metal particles can be a little hard to retrieve afterward.

IngS14
02-04-2007, 01:21 PM
keep your radiator fan shroud better for electric fans and clutch fan to pull air through radiator use the right size low profile electric fans to fit in side the shroud.

Bigballin
02-04-2007, 02:31 PM
ThaiTea thanks for the info. everything seems to be working fine now.

the fan i have wont allow me to keep the clutch fan and i dont think the fan shroud will fit either :(

kandyflip445
02-04-2007, 05:16 PM
I had that bolt break too. I used a bolt out (screw out?) to get out the part stuck in there and went and bought a new bolt.

lilredstiffy
02-04-2007, 05:22 PM
use a easy out/reverse drill bit or possibly cheaper, get a new upper intake manifold from someone's parts pile

also its a good idea to keep the stock shroud or fabricate something suitable for proper cooling