PDA

View Full Version : SportLines VS Ground Control

91CRXsiR
07-23-2002, 12:30 AM
how low do sportlines go? and how low do GC go?

and GC at the lowest setting is the ride better  than sportlines? or are sportlines better?

assuming both using the same aftermarket shock

DuffMan
07-23-2002, 01:54 AM
sportlines are crap. GC is good, but can be pretty harsh in terms of ride.

Yoshi
07-23-2002, 11:16 AM
blah, I personally wouldn't touch sportlines w/a 10' pole, but that's just my personal opinion.

On the GC's, I love them, my particular springs are linear (not progressive), and thus have a much stiffer feel to them, progressives feel unpredicable by comparison... but again, personal preference.

on the lowering, GC's can lower until your chassis is on the ground.

diabolic hippo
07-23-2002, 11:25 AM
I to would prefer GC's, because you can choose your own spring rate and the option of height adjustability. most of all i don't like the sportlines cause it looks like your driving a hot rod cause the ass sticks up in the air.

luey02
07-23-2002, 12:18 PM
you shouldn't really compare coilovers to springs..  Off course the adjustiblity is always good andif you got the cash, get GC..  I'm puttin them on as we speak..

91CRXsiR
07-24-2002, 01:52 AM
alright , i just thought you know sportlines were eibach so you know they would be decent...

what about TIEN HA system vs GC w/ shocks.?

i think i saw those tiens for about 1100.00 and GC are about 400 plus 300 for shocks so thats 1100 vs 700?? worth the extra money... i dont plan on doing any extreme driving just messing around sometimes and maybe get into autox

hurleyboi514
07-24-2002, 09:52 AM
yeah, i have KYB AGXs now, and im running on suspension tech springs.  arent u guys worried about blowing out any shock you'd pick?  if they are that stiff and that low, you will blow your shocks out for sure i would think.  but ive got 2 friends that had the AGXs with them and never did blow em out.  they ran them low and very stiff.  would i be safe getting them and not blow out my  shocks every other week?  id like a further drop with a much stiffer spring and i think GC would be the right thing for me...

sykikchimp
07-24-2002, 12:54 PM
The HA's would be better than the GC's and Struts as far as performance goes, but for what your doing, you won't really be able to put the difference to good use.

Ken - You would be fine with the GC's as long as you get stiffer springs, and run the struts on a little higher setting.  Otherwise you'll probably bounce of the bump stops a little more often.