PDA

View Full Version : has anyone here ever dynamatted the trunk of their fastback?

BLITZZZ
01-28-2007, 04:56 PM
i am considering this, my exhaust is way loud and all the sand from the road makes the car very noisy. I was curious as to how effective dynamat was. or if there is another INEXPENSIVE sound dampening material i could use...

thanks!

HaLo
01-28-2007, 04:59 PM
earplugs should be fine and not too expensive.

Tenchuu
01-28-2007, 04:59 PM
i would suggest searching.

but yeah, home depot frost king self adhesive will get you some DB reduceage. i think it is duct insulations, you will know it when you see it.

Phlip
01-28-2007, 05:01 PM
I suggest:
1 - growing a higher tolerance level
2 - do something about that sand in your vagina
3 - sell your car
*OR*
4 - don't modify it

Irukandji
01-28-2007, 05:08 PM
TONS of threads.

You can use "peel and stick" from home depot. Silver crap they use to quiet down air vents.

GSXRJJordan
01-28-2007, 05:09 PM
hahaha Philip ~

Basically, dynamat is not cheap. Dynamat extreme (which is the best for stiffening as well as damping, more for audiophiles like myself) retails for ~$40/10ft^2 IIRC. I used 3 of those to do the trunk/trunklid of my coupe, but honestly it wont make a huge difference in exhaust noise, and was done mostly to clean up my bass (from that stiffening I was talkin about).

If I were going to go nuts on a new shell, I'd do massive prep (search) and lay on some eDead from Elemental Designs. http://www.edesignaudio.com/edv2/index.php?cPath=1_24
This stuff will get into all the cracks and such, and will do just as good a job as Dynamat if you prep well for about half the price. PM me if you have any specific questions ~

TheTimanator
01-28-2007, 05:11 PM
i am considering this, my exhaust is way loud and all the sand from the road makes the car very noisy. I was curious as to how effective dynamat was. or if there is another INEXPENSIVE sound dampening material i could use...

thanks!
is your interior stripped or something? I never noticed the sand from the road making noise until I stripped my trunk. Either way, it's not that loud. As far as your exhaust goes...just get a quite one. Thats what I did. :bigok:

PS - I have actually damaged my hearing from loud exhausts in the past. People on this forum could care less about this hence the above responses. I've also used ear plugs on long trips.

LookOut Nick
01-28-2007, 05:11 PM
hahaha sandy vag ...i hate thoughs pesky granules. Oh and post up in regional where you're at in Richmond because, I live on Southside.

Tenchuu
01-28-2007, 05:26 PM
I suggest:

maby he's trying to make a pearl?

BLITZZZ
01-28-2007, 05:45 PM
I suggest:
1 - growing a higher tolerance level
3 - sell your car
*OR*
4 - don't modify it

i was asking for helpful suggestions not a bunch of smartass comments..

BLITZZZ
01-28-2007, 05:47 PM
is your interior stripped or something? I never noticed the sand from the road making noise until I stripped my trunk. Either way, it's not that loud. As far as your exhaust goes...just get a quite one. Thats what I did. :bigok:

PS - I have actually damaged my hearing from loud exhausts in the past. People on this forum could care less about this hence the above responses. I've also used ear plugs on long trips.

yeah interior is stripped bare, and i have a 800mile round trip to make every month or two from school to home.. i already am hard of hearing, so this makes it worse when riding with passengers

Phlip
01-28-2007, 05:49 PM
i was asking for helpful suggestions not a bunch of smartass comments.. get your head out of your ass phlip
How much less helpful was my suggestion, compared to what you were told?
I mean, add 2 horsepower via exhaust, then offset that with 15 pounds of dynamat? Where in the hell does that get you?
Reminds me of trying to jerk off with no arms

BLITZZZ
01-28-2007, 05:52 PM
How much less helpful was my suggestion, compared to what you were told?
I mean, add 2 horsepower via exhaust, then offset that with 15 pound of dynamat? Where in the hell does that get you? Reminds me of trying to jerk off with no arms

hahahaha nice analogy

well im sure 15lb of dynamat =~ all interior minus carpet and front seats

edit: thanks for the neg rep point already

TheTimanator
01-28-2007, 05:52 PM
yeah interior is stripped bare, and i have a 800mile round trip to make every month or two from school to home.. i already am hard of hearing, so this makes it worse when riding with passengers
ah, so put your interior back in and get a quite exhaust, and you'd be set

PS - you realize hearing damage is permanent. If you get out of your car and everything sounds a little funny, you have just permanently damaged your hearing. Look forward to wearing a hearing aids someday :ugh:

180sExy
01-28-2007, 05:54 PM
hahahaha sand in the vagina wow priceless. who the hell listens to the sand on the road???? wow u must have some super human hearing.

projectRDM
01-28-2007, 06:23 PM

Put the interior back in idiot. You do realize how fucking ghey that looks for a road going car, right?

You can also throw a few coats of undercoating on everything cheaply, since it's apparent you're looking to cut corners and save your allowance for comic books.

BLITZZZ
01-28-2007, 06:36 PM
i purchased the car gutted

you are a straight up asshole

what the fuck is up with these forums, it seems the more posts you have; the more of an asshole you can be to a complete and total stranger..

PHLP and R240NA the highest posting members in this thread have said nothing but worthless shit and have either insulted me in the process or given a smartass comment/remark.

Thank you to anyone who attempted to give me any useful information.

!Zar!
01-28-2007, 06:50 PM
You aren't being forced to stay.

No point getting butt hurt over some dotted pixels on a screen.

Read past the insults and you will see truth.

But this could've been figured out with common since and searching...

ThatGuy
01-28-2007, 06:51 PM
Well you asked a pretty dumb question to be honest. What did you expect? You have a gutted car and a loud exhaust. Get rid of one or the other, or stop complaining. Simple as that. This thread is not going any further. You got your answers. Grow thicker skin, or get off of Zilvia.

:lockd:

mrmephistopheles
01-29-2007, 03:51 PM

Sidenote: this info would've been helpful in the first post.