PDA

View Full Version : Water + electric = BOOM Pls help ... lol

Delearious02
01-25-2007, 06:53 PM
Ok so i was replaceing my corner light and noticed that there was water in the housing so in turn there was a bit of corrosion so i was trying to clean it a bit because it will be a few days b4 i can replace it and zap...... it went out along with all the corner lights tail lights and interior lights... ya im a DUMBA$$ ... so i think from searching and such that it MAY be the little white box being how all my fuses are good and its got to be somthing blown... so please help my dumba$$ recover from this extream moment of stupidity its a 1990 240sx stock se?

ok lets clarify im asking what do all these have in common? which relay/ fuse / whatever do the tail lights, cluster lights, sidemarkers, and signal lights all have in common? I have tried tracing them in the FSM but they all seem to lead to different problems or maybe i cant decipher the FSM code :\ Pls help thanks

mistaanime
01-25-2007, 07:00 PM
check fuses..you probably just sorted it with the water.

s13.4kouki
01-25-2007, 07:08 PM
not sure if it's the same.... but when my dash lights went out...

it was the first 30amp nissan fuse in the underhood panel

Delearious02
01-25-2007, 07:10 PM
wasnt the water was more of screwdriver + water + grounded out the contact. and all the FUSES under the hood are good as for relays / fusable links i dont know which one would be for that im trying to find out now.

Delearious02
01-25-2007, 07:58 PM
Fixed was a short in the wire causing the fuse to blow along with a crappy fuse tester :-p

mjjstang
01-26-2007, 12:49 AM
had you been using propane, this problem would never have existed.