PDA

View Full Version : Passenger headlight issue

kenshinS14sks
01-25-2007, 04:16 PM
It goes on and off... not the bulb, it's been doing it for over a year now. and i'll pop the hood, wiggle the connector a little and it'll go on. sometimes if i push it in harder, it'll stay on better... sometimes if i pull it out a bit, it'll stay on... but now its having trouble doing either :confused: will electric grease help???

i heard phase2 does hid conversions now... should i just do that?

BC240
01-25-2007, 04:24 PM
I had the same situation. id be driving around and notice my left headlight was off, id pop the hood and tap the back of the connector and it would turn on.. I just had to find the sweet spot and make sure it was tight. If you are able to "wiggle" the connection that's probably your problem, can you do the same on the other connection? I don't think grease is gonna help you in this case.

brokeAs240sx
01-25-2007, 04:32 PM
Your connector -> bulb connection is loose. You can get an h4 connector from another 240 and plug it right in. Or you can try to modify it or the h4 bulb connector so that it clamps in better.

I actually might have an h4 connector lying around somewhere. You can have it for cheap if you wanna try that route.

kenshinS14sks
01-25-2007, 04:40 PM
would i have to sodder the wires? i left my soddering iron in korea =)