PDA

View Full Version : JDM Clutch Pedal Confirmation?

Pstl_pete
01-24-2007, 03:23 PM
For some reason search doesnt work for the keyword JDM clutch pedal so here is my question?

Has anyone personally installed an S14 JDM clutch pedal into the USDM S14. Are they EXACTLY the same? I've heard conflicting stories now. Some say perfect fit some say it will be a little skewed to the right bringing it too close to brake pedal?

chibo
01-24-2007, 05:23 PM
Why would they be different? Because they're JDM doesn't switch the pedal orders. They're the same.

MadScientist
01-24-2007, 06:02 PM
Nismo Makes a Clutch Pedal Bracket that is re-enforced for extra load when upgrading to stonger clutch and pressure plate. Same placment as stock.. however I did notic that there is different part #s for S13 & S14 etc... which would indicate some differences.

NOW.. the JDM Brake Pedal is closer to the Accelerator Pedal... correct if wrong!

Peace
Drew

Pstl_pete
01-24-2007, 07:43 PM
I realize the order is the same but Ive been told that placement is different, ie the pedal arm is bent more on the JDM over the USDM.

This is what Im trying to confirm or not. Whether anyone has used a JDM pedal in their USDM swap.

S13 and S14 pedals are different

kouki_s14
01-24-2007, 08:18 PM
ive used a JDM S14 clutch pedal, a USDM S13 pedal and a USDM S14 clutch pedal all on my car.

S13 pedal is different since on the firewall of the s13 there are spacers to match up with a S13 clutch master cylinder (which is also different between s13 and s14)

S14 pedals have the spacers as apart of the pedal bracket itself, and to answer your question YES a JDM S14 clutch pedal worked fine for me. But the reason i am now using a usdm pedal is because i did not attach the bolt at the top of the pedal bracket and since it was from a front clip, it was sitting outside and had a good amount of rust on it. The bracket slowly got bent and broke completly, so i bought a brand new pedal. The JDM S14 clutch pedal worked fine for me, just clean off what rust you can and attach the upper bolt that is under the dash.