PDA

View Full Version : clutch problems

Mr. H
01-23-2007, 08:21 PM
My clutch went crazy today. First it got really stiff, hard to press in and it caught really late when released. I also couldn't speed up, press gas down and rpms went up car didn't. Then all the pressure in the pedal was gone. had to drop the clutch to get the car to move, if i tried to ease it out as i eased in the gas it would die. Then it locked up wouldn't disengage. then went back to no pressure, got it home but i had to keep pulling the pedal back up with my foot. Master cylander is a tiny bit below max. Any ideas?? I'm no good at diagnoising the problems, not much practice

mjjstang
01-23-2007, 09:53 PM
sounds like slave is toast. While your at it remove damper.

nissanberto
01-23-2007, 09:56 PM
ummm, almost the same thing happened to me last week.. for me it was my slave cylinder, but your story is pretty identical so its prolly the slave also..... have you looked under you car to see where it could be leaking or anyhting?? or under the dash wehre the clutch pedal is???

similiar story except i had to power shift for 5 miles on the highway... it was great!!!

s13coupedrfter
01-24-2007, 05:12 PM
Def sounds like the slave cyl. They're pretty cheap at pepboys 20-30 bucks. Make sure you bleed it after install. Have a buddy push the clutch in/out while you observe the slave piston. It should move smoothly. Also check the slave master cyl is not leaking and in good condition. If problem still exists it may be that the pivot is broken, this happened to a friend of mine and his pedal was doing all kinds of wierd shit. G/L