PDA

View Full Version : Installing s14 VLSD into s14 open diff

P_s14
01-20-2007, 03:04 PM
Alright I've finally had enough of this jank-ass J30 VLSD. I went out and scored a mint s14 VLSD, I also scored new hubs but I don't think I need them (i'm not sure). I need guidance/help on whats all involved, I've never done anything this complicated to a rear end before. The only diff work I've done was putting a locker in a Jeep (even then I basically just sat and watched and torqued bolts down to spec) I know I need to set the backlash and preloads but I really have no idea how. Luckily the guys at the shop I work at told me they would help, but I hate bugging them every 10 seconds with "does this look right". So anyone have any info I can read up on before undergoing this whole process? Any help is greatly appreciated :bigok: :aw:

Slidin240Wayz
01-20-2007, 03:26 PM
If the S14 VLSD is in the pumpkin still, leave it there and just install a rear cover and you are all set.

If you have it outside of the pumpkin, I hope you have all the extra spacers (metal discs) that hold it in place. If you are looking for a how to on a LSDs look on www.driftfactory.com.

Carlos