PDA

View Full Version : Ka:(sohc) Randomly Dies

LB.Motoring
01-20-2007, 12:18 AM
I have a s13 automatic as a kinda new daily.

It has a single cam automatic.

I was driving it for a good while the other day, traffic etc. And it ran great all day, but twords the end of the day, when I was intense traffic, like stopped for a long time it would just randomly die, and I would have to start it up again, and on re-start up it would fluxuate. It never died while driving it, only in Drive at a long stand still. After a while I drove it again, and didnt experance it again, but then again I didnt have it for a long period in idle. It just started this.

Anyone know any ideas? or experance it,

My suspects just off the top of my head,

Dirty Maf, Idle Air, O2 sencer.....

thanks,

R

TheS13kid
01-20-2007, 12:24 AM
It might be your throttle body and your manifold. What you can do is get some throttle body and intake cleaner, take off the intake, turn on the car and while its running, with your free hand rev it, and spray the cleaner. After that your car should run smoother and it shouldn't die while on stand still.

LB.Motoring
01-20-2007, 12:50 AM
ill try that, its just weird that it would do it randomly and then after a while be ok again

TheS13kid
01-20-2007, 01:25 AM
Well, it happened to my moms 88 civic. One day it was driving fine, and the next the rpm's would be really low....every timei would stop it would wanna die on me. So i would press down on the gas once...like reving it! Then the next day i spraye dthat throttle body cleaner....and it didn't happen again! Good luck with that though!!!!