PDA

View Full Version : Evo Brembo Caliper Conversion!!

silnismo
01-16-2007, 10:36 AM
hey zilvia!

saw these on ebay and got really excited:aw:

but also raised a few questions. on the desciption it saids it only fits 90-96 300zx and 89-94 240sx. is these any reason why these would not fit a s14? wanna pick up a set for my s14. i know the parts for the most part are interchangable ( i already have 300zx brake ). just wondering is there anything im overlooking that might not make these work on a s14 chasis.

DESCROPTION
have 8 sets of these brackets all buy it now for $150. bid with confidence. this could be the most inexpensive big brake upgrade youll do. my total was $800 for the whole front kit. $300 front calipers, $200 rotors, $50 ss lines, $100 pads, + adapter kit (price varies)

you are bidding on a custom made bracket and hardware that will adapt a Mitsubishi EVO 8 brembo calipers and 350z (track edition) rotors to your 1990-1996 300zx and 1989-1994 240sx. this kit includes everything you neeed to ADAPT them to your car. front kit only. brackets made from low-carbon steel, CNC machined to tolerances of +.0005" does NOT include: caliper, rotors, or pads. It does come with: brackets, fittings, and grade 10.9 hardware. which exceedes factory hardware rating of 8.8. it is a direct bolt on with minor modifications. the brackets were baked a rustproof coating so this product will not rust. must have at least 18" wheels. this setup does work very well. ive had it on my car for almost one year. and i am very satisfied with it. if you have any questions, feel free to ask. shipping will be $20.00 to lower 48 states.

minor modifications include: removal of dust sheild, and removal of brake line support nub. these modifications are done with ANY brake kit, and affect in no way, shape, or form, braking, or car performance. show purpose only.

ThatGuy
01-16-2007, 10:41 AM
#1. This isn't NICO. This is Zilvia.

#2. Check out this thread. Should give you some ideas.
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=93748

big_schaf
01-16-2007, 10:43 AM
hmm that looks good....but like that guy posted its not new

Neejay
01-16-2007, 11:29 AM
hey nico!
loooooooooooooooooooooooool Classic.

ls180sx
01-16-2007, 11:48 AM
i have evo calipers for all four corners if your interested

Slidin240Wayz
01-16-2007, 12:10 PM
NICO???

I find it funny because I posted parts for sale on NICO and I said

"I am offering it to ZILVIA because I love you guys!"

Someone caught it in the 10,000 characters of my for sale post.

Carlos

silnismo
01-16-2007, 12:44 PM
DOH! i had this thread posted on nico 1st then copied and pasted on zilvia.net. both forums are equally my favorite. :bigok:

but still, why does the seller only say it only fits the z32 and s13?? if it fits s13s there should not be a reason why it wont fit s14's right??

silnismo
01-16-2007, 12:49 PM
i have evo calipers for all four corners if your interested
how much u selling the fronts for???

projectRDM
01-16-2007, 04:09 PM
DOH! i had this thread posted on nico 1st then copied and pasted on zilvia.net. both forums are equally my favorite. :bigok:

but still, why does the seller only say it only fits the z32 and s13?? if it fits s13s there should not be a reason why it wont fit s14's right??

If you like NICO then you're gay, end of story. Saying both forums are equally your favorite is like saying you equally enjoy making love to beautiful women and ass banging large fat dudes with hairy chests.

To answer your question, obviously the seller is a moron and doesn't know caliper fitment or applications.

silnismo
01-16-2007, 05:12 PM
If you like NICO then you're gay, end of story. Saying both forums are equally your favorite is like saying you equally enjoy making love to beautiful women and ass banging large fat dudes with hairy chests.

To answer your question, obviously the seller is a moron and doesn't know caliper fitment or applications.

there somthing obviously wrong with you. this is a place for fellow 240 owners to help each other out and share knowledge. Sh*t like that is uncalled for. why don';t you just sell your 240sx and go back to your civic, frickin riceboy!
:fawk:

NICO ROCKS!!!

ThatGuy
01-16-2007, 05:33 PM
Hahaha, dude you are way off base calling Russ a riceboy. He's just speaking his mind about a site that sucks donkey balls in his opinion. If you like NICO that's fine, but don't get the 2 mixed up. It's not fair to plump up NICO's ego by telling them they are on the same level as Zilvia. :rofl:

I'm only kidding. NICO isn't THAT bad. Or am I? Or is it?

projectRDM
01-16-2007, 05:48 PM
there somthing obviously wrong with you. this is a place for fellow 240 owners to help each other out and share knowledge. Sh*t like that is uncalled for. why don';t you just sell your 240sx and go back to your civic, frickin riceboy!
:fawk:

NICO ROCKS!!!

Ya, there's something wrong with me alright, I don't appreciate websites that give content that's about as useful as whale shit. NICO sucks, unless you enjoy reading arguments about how fast some kid's dad's car is after plugging a resistor into the intake air temp sensor.
Check around, I've helped out and shared knowledge for over 13 years to fellow owners, at least the ones with a shred of common sense, back when you were still in diapers eating gerber food. Don't even try to call me out when you're the pissant fagboy with penis remnants in his teeth.

silnismo
01-16-2007, 06:42 PM
Ya, there's something wrong with me alright, I don't appreciate websites that give content that's about as useful as whale shit. NICO sucks, unless you enjoy reading arguments about how fast some kid's dad's car is after plugging a resistor into the intake air temp sensor.
Check around, I've helped out and shared knowledge for over 13 years to fellow owners, at least the ones with a shred of common sense, back when you were still in diapers eating gerber food. Don't even try to call me out when you're the pissant fagboy with penis remnants in his teeth.

i dispise people constantly argue on threads that don't relate on topic, so ill STOP this by saying ................NOTHIN!! R240NA u can go on bashing on people on the forums that seek advice, however i think its still uncalled for.

silnismo
01-16-2007, 06:50 PM
Hahaha, dude you are way off base calling Russ a riceboy. He's just speaking his mind about a site that sucks donkey balls in his opinion. If you like NICO that's fine, but don't get the 2 mixed up. It's not fair to plump up NICO's ego by telling them they are on the same level as Zilvia. :rofl:

I'm only kidding. NICO isn't THAT bad. Or am I? Or is it?

i dont like to say ones better then the other, but all im saying is

240sx.org
zilvia.net
freshalloy.com

are the forums i go to for help. and u can say this and that sucks, and this is better then the other. thats alright b/c EVERYTHING is OPINIONATED.
notice the word thats underlined, R240NA.

ThatGuy
01-16-2007, 06:57 PM
All he was doing was stating his OPINION. Calm down kid. You are geting way too worked up over this. You have recieved the information you were looking for.

OptionZero
01-16-2007, 07:03 PM
i dont like to say ones better then the other, but all im saying is

240sx.org
zilvia.net
freshalloy.com

are the forums i go to for help. and u can say this and that sucks, and this is better then the other. thats alright b/c EVERYTHING is OPINIONATED.
notice the word thats underlined, R240NA.

That's a bullshit response by people that don't bother putting real time and effort into anything. Hey, my shit sucks, but it's all opinions so it doesn't matter!

There is truth in the world, and one of 'em is that NICO is populated by ignorant teenagers more interested in impressing others than in learning and applying that knowledge to build their car the right way.

turboboost12004
01-16-2007, 10:47 PM
That's a bullshit response by people that don't bother putting real time and effort into anything. Hey, my shit sucks, but it's all opinions so it doesn't matter!

There is truth in the world, and one of 'em is that NICO is populated by ignorant teenagers more interested in impressing others than in learning and applying that knowledge to build their car the right way.
thats true, bunch of 16 yr old kids.............

racer98
11-08-2007, 12:42 PM
I cant find any thing about this kit any where else any one have more info on it ?????

OptionZero
11-08-2007, 01:02 PM
its' an adapter that pushes a caliper out further. What's there to know?

EVO brembos probably aren't too different from 350Z track brembos which aren't too different from R34/33 GTR Brembos

its just different ways to get a 12.6 inch (or whatever) rotor in front

they're all roughly the same

s14unimog
11-08-2007, 01:05 PM
alright folks, enough with the gay jokes!

unicoladron
11-08-2007, 01:18 PM
lolz thread is almost a year old

racer98
11-08-2007, 01:21 PM

EVO brembos probably aren't too different from 350Z track brembos which aren't too different from R34/33 GTR Brembos

Where and who sells them ?

silnismo
11-08-2007, 01:25 PM

actually the calipers are completely different, 350z,r33,r34 brembos are bolt on, where as evo f50 calipers are bigger and require a bracket.

The brackets will only work on s13, z32's b/c on a s14 the brackets wont clear the shock mounts. they pop up once in a while on ebay but thats about it.

racer98
11-08-2007, 01:56 PM
actually the calipers are completely different, 350z,r33,r34 brembos are bolt on, where as evo f50 calipers are bigger and require a bracket.

The brackets will only work on s13, z32's b/c on a s14 the brackets wont clear the shock mounts. they pop up once in a while on ebay but thats about it.

hmm, intresting ok so when do you know if they will be back up on e-bay ? :aw:

redtop91
11-08-2007, 02:34 PM
LOL @ this thread. More fail than usual on this board.

racer98
11-22-2007, 04:55 PM

silnismo
11-22-2007, 05:09 PM
God damn it, someone lock this thread.

brackets are discontinued, and i can't find the seller anymore.

am still getting neg reps for a thread i made almost a year ago, this shit is madness.
:lockd: :lockd: :lockd:

underground32
02-12-2008, 07:28 PM
If you ever do manage to track these brackets down please PM me. I would be keen to get my hands on a set. I would even be happy to pay you for you trouble :)

Phlip
02-12-2008, 08:11 PM
This thread is old and the point of it had died when anyone posted in it last.