PDA

View Full Version : Cheap tech projects-Build your own wideband and more...

street240
01-13-2007, 03:25 AM
I got this book called 50 Awesome Projects for The Evil Genius (Buy it at any bookstore-cheapest on Amazon 17 bucks)
I am working on a few of these projects, but I just wanted to share this book in case you guys wanted some cheap projects.
The book tells you exactly what to buy and how to build it. Instructions will work on any car.

Here are a few popular ones:
Construct Digital Gauges
Install speech command (car will start or whatever when you tell it to)
Build a digital dashboard
Build your own wideband
Building a digital tach
Build a voice enunciator (your car will talk to you)
Build electric mirrors
Install heated seats
Install an active Lumbar support
Install automatic dip beam lights
Build intelligent wipers
Build a total closure module (when you lock your doors it rolls up all windows and shuts the sun roof)
Heated washer fluid
Build and install a gps in your car (track it if it gets stolen)
Install a rear camera and sensor
Build a car computer
Build in car 7.1 surround sound

Good luck with your projects

Added more

street240
01-13-2007, 03:46 PM
Ill will be posting some of the instructions for those too cheap to buy the book

S14DB
01-13-2007, 04:43 PM
How about doing the projects. Taking pictures and doing a write up?

O3DigitalBath
01-13-2007, 04:56 PM
yea I'd be intrested to see what these digital dash/tach/cluster stuff looks like (how classy it looks)

street240
01-13-2007, 05:37 PM
I am working on it. I just wanted to put this up in case anybody wanted to do different projects then what I was working on. I want to do the GPS first.

ThatGuy
01-13-2007, 05:51 PM
I want the plans for the "Speech Command". Just for the sheer fun of getting in my car and..."Engine, START!" Vrooooooooom. Then watch the passenger/by-standers freak out. ROFL! Post a pic of the cover so I can check for it at Books-A-Million.

**edit Nevermind, found it on Amazon.

timtiminy
01-13-2007, 07:23 PM
so I saw this thread and went ahead and bought the book on amazon used cost me like $10 shipped I'm excited to get it and try some of the projects out.

street240
01-13-2007, 07:40 PM
I wish I had gotten mine for 10 bucks shipped.