PDA

View Full Version : sr swap problem wiring up 91 240sx

halyoder
07-18-2002, 05:45 PM
has anyone done this cause i looked on heavy throttle's web site and this is what it says....

"There are about 12 wires that run from the ECU up into the dash, those will be cut.   The following wires matched up perfectly on both the SR ECU harness and the KA dash harness:  

Yellow / Red stripe - Tachometer signal      Yellow / Green stripe - Speedometer signal

Orange - Ignition start      Black - Ground      Blue / Green stripe - AC signal  

Blue / Black stripe - Water temp signal

These were cross-verified in the 90 KA FSM and are correct.  

On the KA, the rest of the wires (green, gray, light green, purple, red / yellow stripe, gray / yellow stripe) all are listed in my KA FSM as going to the 'check connector'.   I'm not sure but I think the rest of the wires on the SR ECU harness (green, green / black stripe, green / red stripe, green / white stripe, orange / black stripe, Red / white stripe) go to the 'check connector' also.   I have not hooked these up"

my colors on the other 6 wires are different then thiers. what do i do please any info would be great. i think they are wiring up to a sohc wiring harness and i'm using a dohc cause my car is a 91 240sx please help!!!!!!!

turboex
02-17-2003, 07:27 PM
I am having the same problem mine is a 92 and i have a blue/black and a brown/white wire left on the dash side of the harness. Where do i go from here? Just leave them unhooked? I have searched for hours and have yet to find a diagram on how to do this completly. thanks guys

autobahNESSA
02-17-2003, 11:55 PM
From what i can tell you just leavethem. Thats what I did, Im just finishing up my swap. Did u already put the engine in ur car, if not make sure u take off the tranny fill plug. I didn't, and know regretting. its seized on thier, and i need a special wrench to get it off know.
The hardest part is the battery tray, took me a while to figure out- their the brown and grey pulg right in the corner of the fender, and light area. pain to stip and solder too.

turboex
02-18-2003, 02:03 AM
Just fill you tranny through the shifter hole. Also when putten the shifter in put that plastic thing in first, took me 20mins to figure that out