PDA

View Full Version : transfering a 907a (ny salvage title) to pa.

kaneda3
07-18-2002, 04:43 PM
ok ive emailed 4-5 people about this over a week ago and still no response
so im bringing it to you guys begging for some help

i bought a car in new york it has a salvage title also known as a mv-907a
well when i went to notary here in pennsylvania she told me it couldnt be done

although she wouldnt give me a straight answer as to why

can anyone give me some suggestions as to what i can do ??

thanx mike

gfisch
07-18-2002, 05:35 PM
I would think that if you brought the tirle in to the DMV in PA they would be able to make up a new title for you.
If whoever you bought it from signs the title off to you, you would just take it in and get the new one in your name.
I wouldnt think a salvage title would be any different, but your new one would be a salvage as well.
In NJ at least, to get a real title from a salvage one you need before and after repair pics of all 4 corners of the car as well as to pass an inspection.
If you have any problems, the DMV should be able to help, as much of a pain in the ass they are to deal with.

hotdogg
07-18-2002, 11:15 PM
i just went through this except my car came from west virginia.  the paperwork i was sent did say something about a new york form not being acceptable, but i can't remember exactly what it said.  but if you are reconstructing the car you need before and after pics, you have to get the car inspected, but the inspector has to send half of your sticker to the dmv and keep the other half,  if they finally decide to send you a title you have to get your car inspected again, but they let you keep the sticker this time.  i think thats about it.  good luck