PDA

View Full Version : M195T Power Brake Booster

PS13SILVIA
01-07-2007, 10:39 PM
Just installed my Dual stage M195T power brake booster from a super hicas equiped S13 with ABS and its awesome, im also running Z32 brakes all around, nice upgrade!!!

s13silvia123
01-07-2007, 11:12 PM
ummmm a little more info could help everyone who's new to what it is would help.

this thread is dumb

Inland180
03-03-2007, 09:21 AM
anyone have more info on this brake booster?

g6civcx
03-03-2007, 08:44 PM
Calm down. The booster in question comes on all cars with ABS or automatic gearbox.

It's bigger and pushes more fluid with the less pedal effort = decreased pedal travel = harder to modulate.

ronmcdon
03-04-2007, 01:48 AM
Calm down. The booster in question comes on all cars with ABS or automatic gearbox.

It's bigger and pushes more fluid with the less pedal effort = decreased pedal travel = harder to modulate.

so theoretically the best setup (in termns of having a firm pedal feel and good braking feedback), would be to run a larger 17/16" z32 MC and the stock booster correct? thats what i plan to run. i was under the impression, from reading various threads here and there that throwing on a larger booster was unecessary. :ugh:

RPS13_SR20DET
03-04-2007, 02:23 AM
so theoretically the best setup (in termns of having a firm pedal feel and good braking feedback), would be to run a larger 17/16" z32 MC and the stock booster correct? thats what i plan to run. i was under the impression, from reading various threads here and there that throwing on a larger booster was unecessary. :ugh:

It depends on what brake setup you use too. For example using 17/16" BMC and stock booster with 300zx front and stock 240sx rear will give you a very firm feel as in there isn't much pedal travel till it starts to lock up the brakes. Also it will be kinda hard to toe heel since the travel is shorten. So it would be good to add a larger booster to give you a better stock feel. Or you can just adjust to it like i did. You could always try out the 17/16" setup first and see if you need an upgrade on the booster.

g6civcx
03-04-2007, 05:05 AM
For example using 17/16" BMC and stock booster with 300zx front and stock 240sx rear will give you a very firm feel as in there isn't much pedal travel till it starts to lock up the brakes. Also it will be kinda hard to toe heel since the travel is shorten. So it would be good to add a larger booster to give you a better stock feel.

With all due respect, this is completely incorrect. Think about it.

Stock booster = smaller = pushes less fluid per inch of pedal travel = longer pedal travel to lockup = longer distance to modulate impending lockup = easier to modulate.

Larger booster = bigger = pushes more fluid per inch of pedal travel = shorter pedal travel to lockup = shorter distance to modulate impending lockup = harder to modulate.

The larger booster was included with the automatic for lazy drivers who do not know how to modulate braking, and just slam on the brakes like a binary on/off switch.

The best setup would be manual brakes with no power booster. Higher pedal effort required to lockup + longer pedal travel = easier to modulate.

But of course that would require skill and effort to depress the brake pedal, and lazy drivers don't want that.

ronmcdon
03-04-2007, 01:10 PM
great info, thanks!!! :)

I'm going to try running the stock booster after I install my 17/16 MC. I'd prob run a larger unit if I could find one, but i think it should sufficient for the r32 front/z32 rear brakes i plan to throw on.

UNISA JECS
03-04-2007, 02:07 PM

Negative S13 Automatics do not come with the dual stage power brake booster maybe S14 do but not S13.

ABS equiped and convertable S13 do come with dual stage PBB.

Negative on the pushes more fluid and has nothing to do with the stiffness of the pedal.

But your right it does have more assist over the dual stage PBB.

UNISA JECS
03-04-2007, 02:12 PM

This setup (stock booster and 17/16") would yield in a really firm pedal but will require alot more leg effort to stop the vehicle.

The upgraded booster and a 15/16 and a lil know how on adjusting the pedal/rod adjustment is all you need IMHO.

g6civcx
03-04-2007, 04:25 PM
Negative S13 Automatics do not come with the dual stage power brake booster maybe S14 do but not S13.

ABS equiped and convertable S13 do come with dual stage PBB.

This poster is absolutely right. Nissan part number 47210-58E09 is the one in question. It came standard on S13 with ABS and/or HICAS. You can tell because it has an extra hump where it meets the master cylinder.

Negative on the pushes more fluid and has nothing to do with the stiffness of the pedal.

But your right it does have more assist over the dual stage PBB.

I do not understand what these two statements mean because they seem to contradict each other. Please clarify if possible.

This setup (stock booster and 17/16") would yield in a really firm pedal but will require alot more leg effort to stop the vehicle.

I fail to see how increased pedal effort is necessarily a bad thing. The brake pedal is one of those control where I could use more firmness and effort to facilitate modulation. Please clarify on the degree of pedal effort.

Positive reps for your help.

RPS13_SR20DET
03-05-2007, 12:12 AM
I fail to see how increased pedal effort is necessarily a bad thing. The brake pedal is one of those control where I could use more firmness and effort to facilitate modulation. Please clarify on the degree of pedal effort.

Increased pedal effort is not necessary a bad thing but it does take time for people to get used to the increased effort.

ronmcdon
03-05-2007, 01:34 AM
Increased pedal effort is not necessary a bad thing but it does take time for people to get used to the increased effort.

I don't know if the same applies to the 240s, but I had a similar situation with my civic. basically it was the same scenario. my stock mc had to be replaced, and i upgraded to the larger ITR mc. with all other factors being equal, brake feel was a lot more firm and i got really good feedback. It wasn't difficult at all to get to used to the newer setup. If anything, the additional feedback gave me confidence to brake more aggressively. it also gave me feedback as to when the brakes would begin to lock up, so i could modulate the brakes more accurately. The brakes on my civic till this day have the best brake feel of any other car i've ever owned, including a newer Sti. If I can replicate the same brake feel on my 240, that would def bring a smile to my face. :keke:

RPS13_SR20DET
03-05-2007, 01:56 AM
I don't know if the same applies to the 240s, but I had a similar situation with my civic. basically it was the same scenario. my stock mc had to be replaced, and i upgraded to the larger ITR mc. with all other factors being equal, brake feel was a lot more firm and i got really good feedback. It wasn't difficult at all to get to used to the newer setup. If anything, the additional feedback gave me confidence to brake more aggressively. it also gave me feedback as to when the brakes would begin to lock up, so i could modulate the brakes more accurately. The brakes on my civic till this day have the best brake feel of any other car i've ever owned, including a newer Sti. If I can replicate the same brake feel on my 240, that would def bring a smile to my face. :keke:

Well after i upgrade to a 17/16" BMC the feel compare to the 7/8" BMC is very different. It did took me a while (like a week or so) to get used to the pedal feel and the effort. Overall I love the set up right now. Front tires locks up before the rear as it should be. IMO the brake booster upgrade is for a better "stock" feel, once you get used to the pedal travel, the brake booster upgrade doesn't matter much.

s13monkey
03-05-2007, 03:38 AM
okay this is what i did on my s13 i have z32 26mm all around with steel braided lines all around and a 1 1/16 z32 bmc with the stock booster. i get a great firm pedal feel perfect for heal toe. i head that the auto booster makes the pedal alittle softer then the manual booster but a booster is a booster its the bmc that makes the big difference. the diameter of the bmc would make up the split point456 (pressure divider for front and rear brakes) the z32 1 1/16 has a split point of close to 500 . but if you do only the front upgrade the 17/16 would work just fine. for more info go to importnut.net thats where i got most of my info to do my upgrade. hpe this helps

brainfood
03-05-2007, 05:28 PM
Just put the brakes on and learn to drive it. There is so little difference between the boosters that, there is no real performance increase with one or the other. Just learn to drive the car how it is. Personally I use 17/16 z32 m/c, 26mm z32 front, stock rear, and s14 auto booster. I like my setup alot. But I have driven countless track events on it for the last 2 1/2 years so I dont know anything else.