PDA

View Full Version : windshield wipers

shigitySxSe
01-06-2007, 01:03 PM
So this may sound like a dumb question.....but i cant figure out why the hell my wipers make the high pitched noise that they do. I just recently had a new windshield installed and the wipers i just put on last week. EVERY time it seems i go to use them, dry/rain/snow whatever they go "Wrrrreeeee Wrrreeeeee" each time they go up and down. I know that i put brand new wipers on correctly and my windshields clean, but why the hell is it making this noise??!!:eek:

mbmbmb23
01-06-2007, 02:23 PM
Its the sound of rubber dragging across a glossy dry surface. Try putting some Rain-X on (rub in on with a cloth) and see if it helps make the glass slicker and less noisy.

wheresthaboost?
01-06-2007, 02:39 PM
slap some butter on that bad boy...

projectRDM
01-06-2007, 03:28 PM
Clean the blades thoroughly with isopropyl alcohol.

Anto
01-06-2007, 05:27 PM
Your wipers might be sitting at an angle. I've heard of people slightly bending them so they won't squeak.

& Fill your washer fluid reservoir with deionized / distilled water. Cheap & no water spots when it dries!

!Zar!
01-07-2007, 12:42 AM
Clean the blades thoroughly with isopropyl alcohol.
Bingo.

Follow that and you're golden.

shigitySxSe
01-07-2007, 09:08 AM
alright thanks alot guys...im gonna go try pretty much everything youve said

DonDeago
01-07-2007, 05:12 PM
I took mine off and now use rainex..heavily. Looks cleaner that way, but I'd also suggest just cleaning them very well.

EndLeSS8
01-07-2007, 06:34 PM
I use Valeo. Tirerack had them on sale 2 for 1 a couple months back.
Very good set.

s13silvia123
01-07-2007, 06:40 PM
how old are the wipers if its pretty old then get new ones thats probably why as they get older they would wear down and have taht squeaky noise. and as what it is said above clean them with isopropyl alcohol

shigitySxSe
01-08-2007, 12:28 AM
theyre are brand new rainex wipers....but whats interesting is that the sound went away when i pulled the wipers off from the window. Like, you know holding them out, and then using my wipers....and the sound was still there. So the sound isnt from the wiper being on the windshield...its coming from somewhere at the base of the wiper-arm. All i really saw was a bolt down near the base of it but tightening that wasnt making a difference. Any ideas?