PDA

View Full Version : Aerodyne's Next Gymkhana Event Jan.13/14

initialrt
01-04-2007, 09:45 PM
January 13 & 14 2007 (Saturday & Sunday) @ Badweiser Balcony    

70$ for one day (eather sat or sun)

FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO GO ONE DAY W/TCRA (ROAD RACE)

AND

ONE DAY WITH SGRA (GYMKHANA)

TCRA WILL BE ON "STREETS OF WILLOW" ON THESE DAYS!! 

** if you are going on this "one day track one day gymkhana" discount,

you CAN choose which day to attend which event.

it is NOT required to go road race on Saturday and balcony on Sunday.

please notify staffs upon registration **       

Special discount for SGRA registered driver only:

$150.00 for one day big track & one day gymkhana

Now, that's for whole 2 days!  

To receive this special offer

please contact SGRA or 714-539-5400 to register

Taken From: http://www.carimageland.com/event/SGRA_Event_Sch_main.htm

s13coupedrfter
01-06-2007, 04:16 PM
I'll be there for gym on Sunday!!!!

gotta240
01-06-2007, 10:48 PM
what exactly is GYMKHANA and can newbs with decent suspension attend? or should they attend?

i just watched a video on the website's forums and it just looks like people doing donuts on a skidpad...wtf?

initialrt
01-07-2007, 02:07 AM
Ahh yes i posted that video on their web forum, its the limited footage we have since the batery ran out for the competition.
This is usually how it goes down. Everyone warms up with donuts, then figure eights, then the big sweeper J-turn, then they set up a course with cones and establish a line for you to take (all these activities are performed multiple times, you get a full days and moneys worth of drifting). Then lunch, then the competition (starting with practice runs, then elimination rounds judged on speed and style) which is a new course with 2 cars going on each half of the track, and usually free-runs afterwards. Its really great and even better for the 70$ it costs, all levels are welcome and no one ever feels "inferior" or anything, you should definately come. Ill be there in my gold sil80 on sunday. hope to see you all there.

Gymkhana is pretty much a set up with cones and memorizing a line to slide within the set up of the cones.

gotta240
01-07-2007, 08:56 AM
So its like low-speed drifting? Lol. Sorry to sound like douche.... Kinda like a complicated skid-pad? Sounds fun.

I think i'll be there. Can anyone get the 150 deal or is it special members only? If anyone can get the deal, count me in for track saturday and gym sun!!!

initialrt
01-07-2007, 01:12 PM
Yes, the deal is open to anyone. haha no problem, it is definately like low speed drifting but just as fun, and there is also high speed drifting (im usually top of third gear for the j turn sweeper). Ill just be attending sunday gymkhana so (like you said) do the track day sat. see you there

gotta240
01-07-2007, 01:40 PM
cool, see ya there... What do you drive if you dont mind me asking?

and how the hell do you say Gymkhana?!?!

initialrt
01-07-2007, 10:37 PM
jim-kah-nah

i drive a gold sil 80

SR20DET_RPS13
01-08-2007, 06:47 PM
sounds like fun gymkhana iz sick
but im to of an amature

gotta240
01-08-2007, 08:20 PM
Who cares?!?! Get out there, get embarassed, learn something!!

thats what i did at the last drift event....I was amazed how much i learned...

initialrt
01-09-2007, 10:15 PM
sr20det_ dude i garantee you there will be at least 2 other people there that think the same thing, no one is ever criticle because everyone remembers when they were just starting out. Come on sunday man join the fun, its going to be sick.

s13coupedrfter
01-11-2007, 03:27 PM
I was at the Dec event and it kicked ass. All skill levels/car tuning levels are present. The guy who won 1st was rockin a s14 with a stock ka24de and viscous diff. This is the best bang for the buck!!!

gotta240
01-11-2007, 05:20 PM
I'm back with more questions!!! lol.

I'm going to the grip day for sure, but not positive if i'll be up for sundays gym event... Can i just show up with 70 bucks cash and drive or does it not work like that?? thanks

initialrt
01-16-2007, 12:41 PM
ehh sorry for the late reply, im not sure if that would have worked. im assuming you didnt make it up on sunday since i didnt see you.