PDA

View Full Version : **loud clutch sqeeling problem** help

rockinpandas
01-01-2007, 01:35 PM
my clutch is sqeeling really loud when i have the pedal in and start letting it out to start moving especially in reverse. if i start at really low rpms like <1500 or so it doesnt do it. and sometimes it will start sqeeling by just having the pedal pushed in...

any ideas on what this could be
thanks

JDS Performance
01-01-2007, 01:43 PM
sounds like the throw out bearing is going bad - basically since you have to pull the tranny anyways - time for a new clutch resurfaced flyhweel or light weight one - new throw out bearing and pilot bearing
- have fun
- I just spend over $1k getting ready for my 5 speed swap - and the flywheel and clutch are the most expensive parts!

rockinpandas
01-01-2007, 01:47 PM
sounds like the throw out bearing is going bad - basically since you have to pull the tranny anyways - time for a new clutch resurfaced flyhweel or light weight one - new throw out bearing and pilot bearing
- have fun
- I just spend over $1k getting ready for my 5 speed swap - and the flywheel and clutch are the most expensive parts!

well thats just it i just got a new act 6 puck not that long ago
i had a shop install it cuz i was that lazy ill take it back to them and see what they say

KwKouki
01-01-2007, 01:54 PM
My friends Miata has the same clutch. It makes the same exact noise. ACT gave him some bullshit about that model having a high amount of copper, and its a race product so expect noise :rofl:

JDS Performance
01-01-2007, 01:56 PM
yeah I would for sure they either didnt swap your throw out bearing - put in it backwards - or put your release sleeve spring in wrong

what ever they did they should eat whatever it cost to fix it! keep all paper work for legal reasons

rockinpandas
01-01-2007, 01:56 PM
My friends Miata has the same clutch. It makes the same exact noise. ACT gave him some bullshit about that model having a high amount of copper, and its a race product so expect noise :rofl:

so am i screwed then cuz its really loud and quite annoying

JDS Performance
01-01-2007, 01:57 PM

well to be honest that could actually be the problem - I used a ACT once and that thing chattered so bad - I pulled it out - never use them agin

rockinpandas
01-01-2007, 01:58 PM
yeah I would for sure they either didnt swap your throw out bearing - put in it backwards - or put your release sleeve spring in wrong

what ever they did they should eat whatever it cost to fix it! keep all paper work for legal reasons

yeah they are actually really cool. my neighbor is really good friends with them
they actually tell u whats wrong w' ur car first then u can decide if u want them to fix it or fix it urself and dont charge you unless they actually do work.
ill take it to them tomorrow and see what they say

johngriff
01-01-2007, 02:06 PM
99% Sure it is not the shops install, but more than likely the ACT clutch, as a former partial sponsor of ACT, i still say NO MORE ACT. They're product is sub-par and they cut too many corners to get the feel out of the pressure plates.

DONT use them!

If you want another, better clutch, give me a call.
John

rockinpandas
01-01-2007, 02:43 PM
99% Sure it is not the shops install, but more than likely the ACT clutch, as a former partial sponsor of ACT, i still say NO MORE ACT. They're product is sub-par and they cut too many corners to get the feel out of the pressure plates.

DONT use them!

If you want another, better clutch, give me a call.
John

ill give you a call pretty soon

DonDeago
01-01-2007, 06:17 PM
I just ordered a new throwout bearing from Nissan, pretty cheap part. Also you can order them at Autozone or any auto parts store if you give them the correct number. I think it would be the same as a 95 240sx if you have to cross reference. RB810 is the number I gave them. I have the ACT 6 puck, thing started making that noise a week after install.

koukimonster139
01-01-2007, 06:22 PM
throwout bearing

mine did the SAME exact thing.

vrooompssssht
01-05-2007, 06:13 PM

There was no malfunction in the clutch, its a 6 puck, unsprung race clutch... He has had it for around 6months and put alot of miles on it (plus he slips the clutch alot when he downshifts:keke: ) ...

The throwout bearing was bad, the clutch disk material was pretty low, so he got a street/strip full face, sprung hub act clutch to replace it.