PDA

View Full Version : Speakers

David16
07-16-2002, 09:53 PM
which of these do you consider better speakers kenwood or sony?  Is there a noticeable difference if the sony is 900 watt and the kenwood is 700? thanks for helping me sorry bout my earlier post

Nerfdude
07-16-2002, 10:20 PM
um, judging from those monstrous wattage values, i'm guessing we're talking subs, yes? ALSO jusdging from the fact you've listed sony and kenwood, you're looking to buy from Best Buy, aren't you...? well, from my experience, i feel safe in saying that sony speakers lick ass. kenwoods, i dunno. i do know i don't like kenwood head units, so i'd stay away from that. and if you are shopping at best buy, or any respectable audio outlet, get rockfords. yeah, everybody's got rockfords, but there's good reason. good value for the money. personally, i'd go with Kickers... my friend's got a pair of kickers in his oldsmobile, they sound amazing.

BlackFox
07-17-2002, 03:35 AM
They both should be good. I would go with the ones that have rubber surrounds. You're not going to max that power unless you're running your amp at 2 ohms most likely. You want to look at the RMS power rating or constant power. If you tune your system right even cheep speakers sound good. Get a good box.

I would go with the one that cost less in this case. For regular speakers I would go with Kenwood. I found that they have better midrange bass. For a reciever I would go with Sony. They look better and have better features, easier to use.

David16
07-17-2002, 08:09 AM
Yea, bestbuy and circuit city having a 2 for 1 sale
thanks for the help!

gfisch
07-17-2002, 09:10 AM
I've never really been too happy with Sony audio products, so I'd say go with the kenwoods. I used to have kenwood regular speakers and they sounded great. Dont really have any experience with thier subs, but I'm assuming they sound good as well.

Nerfdude
07-17-2002, 09:37 AM
:!: best buy and circuit city ALWAYS have two for one sales, and best buy sells rockfords... and i'm PRETTY sure that circuit ctiy sells Alpine. do yourself a favor, buy quality subs...