PDA

View Full Version : nico is stumped on this one(sr upgrades)

starkos14
12-28-2006, 04:46 PM
ok. i bought bigger injectors, z32 maf, and recently installed a t28. oh and a tuned ecu for the injectors and maf and turbo. so i install the injectors, install the maf. plug in the ecu and go to start.... does not turn over. fuel pump works, crank, starter. everything works but the injectors. i took a circuit tester to the injectors and no power to them. went to the ecu and nothing. i thought it was the ecu until i decided to plug in the stock ecu and the same test occured. no power to the injectors. and i tested directly from the ecu, so there is not problem with the wiring. the car was running fine before tune and the t28 installed. maf was wred correctly too. my sr swap guy who is local has no clue what the issue is. any help? its gotta be something that sends a signal back to the ecu to tell it to fire the injectors. otherwise how could i have fried both ecu's and only the injectors dont work.?

yokotas13
12-28-2006, 04:53 PM
you could have a grounding problem in the injector harness shoprting outt hat part of the ecu, or you could just be doing the troubleshooting wrong. either way im not 100% sure what it could be. Do a continuity check on your injector harness.

starkos14
12-28-2006, 06:38 PM
yeah but i checked directly from the ecu with a good ground inside the car. cant be the injector harness

sliddinsil8o
12-28-2006, 07:12 PM
What I think yokotas13 is trying to say is you might have some sort of short or wiring problem around there. If the wire/s are shorted to chassis and you ck continuity from ecu to injector plug you will still get continuity even if there’s a short. You should look at the wiring diagram for the SR and look for wire signal from the ecu to injector and look for all ground and where they are suppose to be. If you ck your wiring using the wiring diagram make sure everything matches up.

ladiesman8527
12-28-2006, 07:31 PM
bad CAS maybe?

Chandler3115
12-28-2006, 07:49 PM
check for power at the injector, if no power exists, its not the ecu,it might be the fuse.... maybe

yokotas13
12-28-2006, 08:05 PM
he should have checked the fuse first

thast out of the equation unless he is an idiot

You need to check for continuity on your injector harnes. make sure you dont haev a short somewhere going throught he firewall, or a tire hitting your harness ertc etc

reactor
12-29-2006, 12:33 AM
Few things.

First the ECU provides GROUND to for the injectors, not power. So you need to turn the key on and check for voltage to all the injectors. If there is no voltage to the injectors you need to go to the main harness plug by the battery and check the pin that provides power to the injectors (unplug connectors, turn key on, and check the BODY harness side not the engine side).

Second is you need to check that they are getting a signal. A noid light is optimal. But you can use your multimeter and set it to voltage and put your leads into the injector connector. Crank the engine and you should see the multimeter jump really quickly (if your multimeter responds fast enough) between 12 and 0 volts.

Third there is the possibility that you fried your injector drivers (built into the ECU that provide the ground for the injectors). Make sure you have installed HIGH IMPEDANCE injectors and not LOW! If you don't know just check the resistance of just the injectors and post results on here.

starkos14
12-29-2006, 08:45 AM
by the way guys, is there a fuse for the injectors? of course i looked, but didnt see one. ill have to get some guys out here to help me. it can be difficult learning everything on your own and from forums. thanks for the help, ill keep you guys posted.

Slidin240Wayz
12-29-2006, 08:53 AM
There is a fuse for the fuel pump. Have you checked the FSM?

Carlos

starkos14
12-29-2006, 09:19 AM
fuel pump works, crank angle sensor is fine too. its everything but the injectors. i was just looking at the ecu pinout and saw some pins for injector ground, im thinking if they arent grounded, the ecu wont send out a signal to open the injectors, lets hope this is the case

starkos14
12-29-2006, 09:20 AM
by the way, im starting to enjoy this forum a lot more now. thanks guys!

starkos14
12-29-2006, 02:54 PM
ok, the continuity tests went fine.... ecu was tested on another car. its fine. i think its the injectors

Eddie@Performance
12-29-2006, 04:41 PM
Does the coilpack fire? Check the PTU unit? Any fuel in the cylinder from attempted starts? You can check the inj by connecting 12volts to the each injector and hear them click.

starkos14
12-29-2006, 06:52 PM
coil pack fires

starkos14
12-29-2006, 06:54 PM
i have spark. fuel fills the rail, just the injectors wont open

starkos14
12-29-2006, 06:56 PM
injectors do work by the way.... the voltage coming from the injectors on the ecu is 200 millavolts! so not even 1 volt instead of 12.

Eddie@Performance
12-29-2006, 08:15 PM
injectors do work by the way.... the voltage coming from the injectors on the ecu is 200 millavolts! so not even 1 volt instead of 12.

Hmm... Does the SR have a fusible link for the injectors like the older Nissans? Ive heard of serveral intances in older Nissan that when this gets corroded it seizes to fire the injectors. Some Nissans have a fusible coming off the battery that is related to the injectors. Might want to check that.

starkos14
12-31-2006, 10:46 AM
egi fuse was defective. didnt look blown, but it was... how aout that. i cant even get a fuse to work right..... case closed. new problem, engine keeps running after i take out the key. turbo timer is uninstalled too

Eddie@Performance
12-31-2006, 11:17 AM
egi fuse was defective. didnt look blown, but it was... how aout that. i cant even get a fuse to work right..... case closed. new problem, engine keeps running after i take out the key. turbo timer is uninstalled too

Was it related to anything i have mentioned? :bigok:

starkos14
12-31-2006, 11:26 AM
i had the car towed to my sr guyy, told him what you said.. but it took him an hour to figure out the fuse was faulty. he checked them too

starkos14
12-31-2006, 11:27 AM
now i just need to figure out how to get my car to turn off, or the engine. the rest of the accessories turn off, just not the engine

Eddie@Performance
12-31-2006, 03:14 PM
now i just need to figure out how to get my car to turn off, or the engine. the rest of the accessories turn off, just not the engine

Sounds like a solenoid problem...

johngriff
12-31-2006, 03:24 PM
Sounds like bad un-install of the turbo timer. Its not like a DIST car where it will keep charge and keep firing, once you cut circuit to ecu, thats it, game over.

Eddie@Performance
12-31-2006, 04:08 PM
Does the car turn off when you turn on your lights? (i know sounds funny) but there are numerous people i know that this happens after a alternator or inj install.

The Riot Hero
12-31-2006, 04:38 PM
sounds like a stuck realy now. smack it around a bit or replace it.

starkos14
12-31-2006, 05:05 PM
hmm, well i take out the key and can still drive it around. everything else turns off in the car. im takin it to my sr guy on tues. there is clearly still power to the ecu for some reason

Eddie@Performance
12-31-2006, 05:14 PM
hmm, well i take out the key and can still drive it around. everything else turns off in the car. im takin it to my sr guy on tues. there is clearly still power to the ecu for some reason

The ecu will always have power, thats how it stores the learning data, fault codes because constant power is being applied.

mRclARK1
12-31-2006, 06:47 PM
I'm betting that your relay is stuck is why it won't turn off... exact same thing was happening to me and that was the problem.

Eddie@Performance
12-31-2006, 08:38 PM
if it is, its prolly part# 25230-C9980 those seem to go out quite frequently

starkos14
01-01-2007, 11:00 PM
The ecu will always have power, thats how it stores the learning data, fault codes because constant power is being applied.

yeah, funny i wrote that. haha... i do know that the ecu has constant power.

starkos14
01-02-2007, 06:05 PM
ehhhhh,,...... tested.... its the ecu or a wire running to it. its a number 63 tuned ecu wired for a 62 stock ecu. so something is screwed up with the pins ore something

starkos14
01-02-2007, 06:10 PM
oh and its not a relay because we put in a diff ecu to test it.

bongnak
01-02-2007, 06:33 PM
if it doesnt turn off then id say its the ecu. I have two #62 ecus, one chipped one not. both doesnt turn off the engine after startup. Open up the ecu and you will prob find a burnt component. Ive seen a lot of those where the printed copper line on the board was burnt off.

JDS Performance
01-02-2007, 07:05 PM
why the hell do you keep taking your car to "Your SR GUY" seeing as everybody on here is answering all your questions? your just giving him $$ for nothing - he obviously doesnt know what to do anyways - give that $$ to the guys on here that are actully helping you out :fart:

starkos14
01-02-2007, 07:20 PM
so my ecu is burnt and theres nothing i can do?

starko240
01-03-2007, 09:38 AM
and if thats the case, is there any way to bandaid this situation? at this point i feel really screwed.

starko240
01-03-2007, 09:39 AM
oh and sorry to post from a different board name, i forgot my password and for somereason i dont get the password email

starkos14
01-03-2007, 08:15 PM
ok, played with the sodering gun, replaced the blown resistor and screwed something else up, i melted a wrong solder. now i have 0 working ecu's! awesome.... anyone know of anyone else selling tuned ecu for t28, z32 maf, and 550 injectors????