PDA

View Full Version : Help with SR20 and Defi setup

89s13silvia
12-16-2006, 01:12 PM
so i recently bought a 180sx from japan with the blacktop motor but im having some starting problems with it. Its getting gas and spark but its nt starting. it has e-manage so im not sure if that could be the problem as it may need resetting. Also i have a defi guage set and the oil pressure light comes on and the alarm will light up and it will beep. th oil seems to be fine and im wondering if this would cause it to not start up as the defi is linked to the cars itself?

going to slash the ecu codes today and try and diagnos it further but at this point has anyone else had problems with this sort of thing. Before it was the relay by the interior fuse panel that needed to be pluged in. It started fine after this then tried it again and it started and then died and i was unable to start it after that.

thanks for your help
chris

89s13silvia
12-16-2006, 06:40 PM
so the ecu through me a 55
which is no problem or not related to the car itself

would greddy e-manage cause it not to start? i would think that it would run liek crap but still start no? im running out of possibilities it could be

the defi guage continues to light up red with the siren when the ignition is turned on but i don't think that the guages are wired dierection to the ecu itself so it should start up
and the oil level is fine

anyway if any of you have experienced anything similar please let know what it was
your help is greatly apprciated

thanks again
chris

jr_ss
12-16-2006, 08:10 PM
The Defi oil pressure gauge is going to light up and beep when the car isn't running. There's no oil pressure so the gauge is saying you have a problem. The car must be running for you to have any oil pressure. I don't know if you bought the gauges new or they came with the swap but, If you did buy them new, you should read directions or actually do some research about the Defi oil gauge beeping and flashing...

As for the gauges causing your car not to start, I highly doubt it unless you spliced in the the ignitor wiring, which is almost impossible to do. I would try to acquire a factory ecu and see if the greddy unit is the cause or not. If you wired your car yourself, go back and make sure all your connections are right...