PDA

View Full Version : S13 Power Window problems

PBucch
12-13-2006, 11:06 AM
The wires in these clips on both sides are giving me problems, Id have to assume this is common, but the search is broken.

This connection right here is where all my troubles are, you guys have any tips? should I ge a new plug? hard wire the shit?

acgourley
12-13-2006, 11:50 AM
Search isn't broken anymore.

Also I can't really see that picture very well, in my s13 there is just a plastic connector with the pins inside, did the pin fall out of the connector?

PBucch
12-13-2006, 12:07 PM
The plug just keeps coming loose on me, sometimes ill just have to push it in tight, other times I will have to jiggle the wires to get a solid connection, im starting to get pissed.

Picture was just to show what I was talking about, dont know what to call the black box....

Edit- yes search still will not work for me, loads a blank page and says its done. So lets keep this on topic.

ManoNegra
12-13-2006, 01:03 PM
Make a trip to the junkyard. Done.
Grab a window motor while you're at it just in case.

projectRDM
12-13-2006, 02:04 PM
That's the window amp.

Ziptie the plug in place, it's not rocket science man.

acgourley
12-14-2006, 10:50 AM
if you need to jiggle to get a connection, figure out if the metal is touching, but dirty/rusted/corroded ... or if the metal just isn't touching. You can use chemicals in the first case, and like silicone or hot glue in the other. And then yes, tape/ziptie it all up. Ghetto but it should work.