PDA

View Full Version : breaklights stay on... help!

sileighty83
12-10-2006, 11:57 AM
I got this issue recentley with my breaklights staying on...when the car is turned off. I think I narrowed it down to my brake pedal being a little bit loose...loose enough to bairly dropdown to leave the brake lights engaged but it dosnt happen all the time and I hope its not an electrical issue...If any one has this similar problem or knows how to fix it could ya help me out...It drained my battery over night!

Thanks

aa87
12-10-2006, 12:02 PM
Check the pedal for the plastic thing that pushes the button. These commonly break, but it pushes a button that turns off the lights, when the button is not pressed, then the brakelights are on. That was the problem on mine.

91rusty240sx
12-10-2006, 12:05 PM
check your brake light switch under the brake pedal and make sure the button that gets pushed in when you press on the brake will move freely. if its "sticking" get another one. if you dont have a problem with the switch, you may have an intermediate short along the brake light wiring.

ledzeppelin240
12-10-2006, 03:11 PM
you may have an intermediate short along the brake light wiring.

The brake wire would have to short to another power wire. Which none other circuits are powered when the ignition is off. I put money on it being a problem with the brake light switch/rubber gromet like everyone else.

ms!3
12-10-2006, 06:12 PM
check the rubber grommet behind the brake pedal like aa87 said. thats usually what causes it.

ixfxi
12-11-2006, 12:55 PM
brake light, not break light.

maybe they stay on because they're breaken.. or broken. :-)