PDA

View Full Version : ECU help

dkeight125
12-04-2006, 11:53 AM
hey guys my name is kyle, im new to the forums now, im mostly on ctdrifting.com. i have a 1993 nissan 240sx with a kouki s14 sr20det in it. ive ran into small problems here and there but the most recent was with the ecu (NA), now the car had been miss firing it seemed in first and second and i thoguht nothing major of it, well it turns out the ecu burned up after about a week of this odd behavoir. i bought a new ecu its a NA ecu but i tried to identifiy wat pin this was that caused this to happen and i believe it is the CONSULT connector check in i believe, now could this be the issue or was the ecu burning up just bad luck?? my only thing is just not too burn up another 400 dollar ecu, so any input would be great
thanks

IngS14
12-04-2006, 02:09 PM
you have short some where fuel singal ground either not good enough or missing you have to add extra ground to it specially for s13 chassis.it happens to many s14 guys or s13 guys with s14 sr20det.i have another s14 sr20det kouki (NA) ecu if you need it.

dkeight125
12-04-2006, 04:46 PM
i was actually wrong on the pin it was ignition switch, which i found that my turbo timer was faulty and burned out also so im thinking thats wat caused it. and ill keep in mind u haveing the extra ecu i appreciate it.