PDA

View Full Version : water pump

C. Senor
11-29-2006, 09:21 PM
i hate posting newbie type questions, but after doing some research, and yes i hit the search button lol!, i couldn't find anything. i was wondering if they make some sort of upgraded water pump for ka-e's. if someone has any info i'd appreciate it. thanks

koukimonster139
11-29-2006, 09:28 PM
? why the hell would you need an upgraded water pump? unless your rad. and heater core is in the trunk

Oh and no, I've never heard of an upgraded water pump. sorry

surge s14
11-29-2006, 10:17 PM
bosh form vatozone......or something :s

!Zar!
11-29-2006, 11:47 PM
There is a upgrade for a waterpump. But it isn't for better flow.

For the most part it's to remove the clutch fan and drive pully.

You replace all of that with an electric motor.

Search for electric water pump.

C. Senor
11-30-2006, 10:41 AM
thanks zar i'll look into that, cookiemunster thanks typical zilvian answer, surge well i thought that was kinda funny, albeit i've never seen a vato at autozone mainly white people. thanks for the help. oh and no my radiator and stuff is not in the trunk but i'm trying to slowly build and reliable 240, hopefully when i'm done i can drive it across country and not have to worry about anything in the engine department going wrong.

Uisce
11-30-2006, 10:55 AM
Factory water pumps last 100,000 miles or more, and they bolt right in.

I have to believe they are more reliable than a home-made electric setup, and a hell of a lot cheaper. Some sheet-aluminum ducting to direct air through the radiator would be more effective for freeway cruising, and does not increase system complexity.

Occam's Razor: All else being equal, the simplest solution is the best.

koukimonster139
11-30-2006, 11:06 AM
thanks zar i'll look into that, cookiemunster thanks typical zilvian answer, surge well i thought that was kinda funny, albeit i've never seen a vato at autozone mainly white people. thanks for the help. oh and no my radiator and stuff is not in the trunk but i'm trying to slowly build and reliable 240, hopefully when i'm done i can drive it across country and not have to worry about anything in the engine department going wrong.

typical zilvian answer to a typical dumb question.
if you build your car right, you dont have to worry about having trouble with it overheating or whatever. wtf is so hard to understand about that

these cars did come new at one time without problems

kensreliableb18b
11-30-2006, 11:38 AM
Factory water pumps last 100,000 miles or more, and they bolt right in.

I have to believe they are more reliable than a home-made electric setup, and a hell of a lot cheaper. Some sheet-aluminum ducting to direct air through the radiator would be more effective for freeway cruising, and does not increase system complexity.

Occam's Razor: All else being equal, the simplest solution is the best.

+1 to that. oem would be your best bet for reliability purposes

C. Senor
11-30-2006, 02:26 PM
typical zilvian answer to a typical dumb question.
if you build your car right, you dont have to worry about having trouble with it overheating or whatever. wtf is so hard to understand about that

these cars did come new at one time without problems

so its dumb, so i suppose when darwin asked what the f*** is that when he saw something he didnt understand it was a dumb question, wow, some people, you know what thanks for your info and help, it helped alot. and i loked into it, the electric pump is both too much money and too time consuming to be worth it. thanks to those who just answered my question so politely, i really appreciate that, and yeah i think i'm just going to go with an oem pump.