PDA

View Full Version : Z32 front brake swap on S13

240silvia
11-28-2006, 03:46 PM
So, all you need is the caliper, new brake line, and I was just going to re drill the Z32 rotor for 4 lug until I go to 5. So, my question is, does the Z32 caliper blot up in the same location as the S13 caliper? Please let me know guys, thanks, Charles.

OptionZero
11-28-2006, 03:56 PM
wow...just...wow...

projectRDM
11-28-2006, 03:57 PM
My thoughts exactly. When did we go back to 1990?

aznpoopy
11-28-2006, 04:01 PM
1700 posts... you should know better. :(

240silvia
11-28-2006, 04:07 PM
lol, I'm sure you guys think I should, truth is, I've never looked into this. Not once. Now I want to do 5 lug and I'll probably end up just buying a whole setup, rotors, calipers, lines and hubs. So, does anyone have an answer?

AkinaSpeed
11-28-2006, 04:08 PM
:stupid: yeah ummm, there is this magical button that if you enter a request such as that, you shall receive an answer :duh:

240silvia
11-28-2006, 04:12 PM
look ass, don't come in with your f'ing 16 posts telling me to search. When I searched, I didn't find anything definate. I did find a walkthrough that was hella long.... BUT, I just want a simple yes or no. What the hell is the point of me reading a 20 page long walkthrough when I can put the question up here, and just get a yes or a no. Here's the walkthrough I found... http://importnut.net/300zxbrakeswap.htm . It says remove the calipers for the front and put the Z32 calipers on. I would assume that they bolt right up, but I want to make sure before I go and buy them. So, does anyone know?

ManoNegra
11-28-2006, 04:27 PM
It says remove the calipers for the front and put the Z32 calipers on. I would assume that they bolt right up, but I want to make sure before I go and buy them. So, does anyone know?

You're joking right? Thread of the year.

HalveBlue
11-28-2006, 04:32 PM
Well, I'll make it easy for you.

The answer is no.

240silvia
11-28-2006, 04:34 PM
damnit, you guys are still not listening. I haven't EVER looked into this. That being said..... (now pay attention) I don't know if the calipers have the same bolt hole locations. How hard is that to understand???? Do they, or don't they??? If I was joking, don't you think I'd say so????

240silvia
11-28-2006, 04:35 PM
ok, with that being said..... what spindles do they bolt up to that will work with the S13?

'90RPS13
11-28-2006, 04:47 PM
Dude, they bolt up. You need custom lines and you will need to get rotors re-drilled if you are still 4 lug. Enough said. *a

drew935
11-28-2006, 04:58 PM
:bowrofl: haha LOL :spank:

sncs14
11-28-2006, 06:08 PM
Jeeze, what a shame..... I mean shame on you!

koukimonster139
11-28-2006, 06:16 PM
some nissanaholic eh?

aa87
11-28-2006, 06:26 PM
http://www.linuxbench.org/Posting.html

Slidin240Wayz
11-28-2006, 06:34 PM
http://www.linuxbench.org/Posting.html

WHAAAAHAAAHAAAHAAAHAAA. Poor Billy.

Carlos:bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl:

ps remove stock caliper and bolt on Z32 caliper.

240silvia
11-28-2006, 06:51 PM
lol, keep those neg reps coming boys, I love em..... And thanks to you guys who actually helped. But it seems like you guys don't know as much as you think. Some of you say no, some say yes. Good job, way to be on top of things. And I don't see why the hell this is such a big deal. I've never looked into the swap, wtf do you expect? I imagine there was a time where you guys didn't know about the swap. So, someone told you, and I bet it wasn't that big of a deal to you then. I don't know so I ask, that's why the damn forum is for, sharing information. Just b/c I have 1700 posts and I don't know about the damn Z32 swap doesn't make me an idiot. So stop treating me like one.

aznpoopy
11-28-2006, 07:06 PM
But it seems like you guys don't know as much as you think. Some of you say no, some say yes. Good job, way to be on top of things.

i believe halveblue was being sarcastic.

OptionZero
11-28-2006, 07:17 PM
this forum is about sharing information. This information has been shared, it's in the fuckin forum. You could have found it via searching, via the fuckin website you already found, and via the fuckin archives.

this is a topic covered in magazine articles, and its fuckin s-chassis cannon knowledge, so don't blame other people for your own fuckin ignorance.

"i lived under a rock the last decade and i'm a dumbfuck"

thats all you had to say

projectRDM
11-28-2006, 09:10 PM
^ Bingo.

Do you honestly think that the tens of thousands of people running around with Z brakes on their Schassis who are even more ignorant than you are actually modified/built/fabbed anything to make them work?

240 owners = cheap, lazy fucks. If it involves more than two bolts, they didn't do it.

'90RPS13
11-28-2006, 09:18 PM
And thats the gospel Russ. *a

FaLKoN240
11-28-2006, 09:26 PM
Jesus christ, I thought someone bumped a thread from 1995. What the hell is this?

How do I put Z32 brakes on my car, gimme a fucking break dude.

AkinaSpeed
11-28-2006, 09:26 PM
Here's the walkthrough I found... http://importnut.net/300zxbrakeswap.htm . It says remove the calipers for the front and put the Z32 calipers on. I would assume that they bolt right up, but I want to make sure before I go and buy them. So, does anyone know?

:cj: Your own post answer the question. what more do you want?? :spank:

240silvia
11-28-2006, 10:00 PM
lol, this is great! I love seeing you guys bitch, lol. I searched douche. I'm not going to sift through 30 pages trying to find a simple yes/no answer. lol, I do know one thing, I'll never get tired of watching you guys bitch. You've been providing me with entertainment for the past 4 years, keep it up :thumbs up: I still don't see why this is that big of a deal. At one time I didn't know anything about Nissan's, just a you guys didn't. Yea I believe that I know a good amount, and yes I have a lot of posts. But how am I suppost to know when I've never asked. I've never looked into the swap, so what do you expect, lol. Anyway, say what you want, call me lazy, I look on the first page of the search, if I don't find my answer... I ask. And Falkon we'lve been down this road before, and you are STILL not reading correctly, lol. I didn't ask HOW to put them on. I asked if they had the same mounting location. Tisk Tisk Tisk... lol.

HalveBlue
11-28-2006, 10:04 PM
i believe halveblue was being sarcastic.

It's true. I confess.

I lied.

I'm a dick like that.

FYI, the real answer is yes. http://www.smilieshq.com/smilies/happy0035.gif (http://www.smilieshq.com)

waynehead05
11-28-2006, 10:09 PM
yes. it bolts right up. all you need to do is redrill to 4 lug and get conversion lines. make sure your wheels clear too.

240silvia
11-28-2006, 10:18 PM
well my friend has some steel braided lines from Project Nissan that he's going to give me. And I'm going to make sure to get the 26mm calipers b/c from what I've read, they fit under the 7 spoke SE wheels, so at the track when I switch my wheels back to the SE's I won't have any issues. And I just plan to get a machine shop to re drill the rotors I guess. I have a friend that owns a welding shop with a drill press. And I could always mark where I wanted to holes and he could do it, but, I'd rather spend the money and make it percise. Oh, and thanks for not being ass.

smelly240
11-29-2006, 06:56 AM
240 owners = cheap, lazy fucks. If it involves more than two bolts, they didn't do it.

i am def going to give you the win on that one.

Edgar
11-29-2006, 07:58 AM
*nods head*

Search
www.google.com
www.ask.com
www.yahoo.com
www.zilvia.net and then search
www.youarelazy.org

Dream240
11-29-2006, 02:07 PM
MY TURN, MY TURN!!!

Dood, everyone is giving you a hard time because you have over 1700 posts, are asking a noob question, and should know how to use the search button by now.

I'm lazy too when it comes to search but I still go into the threads and look for the highlighted keywords to see if it's relevant.

C'mon man admit that you do deserve some flaming. I learned the answer to this question just by talking to a guy about his mods around 5 years ago.

oh and no matter how you drill em....the rotors will not line up perfect. I've got 4 attempts at drilling to attest for that. So good luck.

projectRDM
11-29-2006, 04:05 PM
4 bad attempts it seems.

I've drilled three pair for customers on a press, using a 4lug rotor as a template, all of them lined up perfect. Sure your press isn't jacked?

NemeGuero
11-29-2006, 04:24 PM
Ya serious.. or use a mill and program the computer thing to geturdune for ya..

Revolver Ocelot
11-29-2006, 05:34 PM

Bwahahaaa. Posi for you and new sig for me. :)

240silvia
11-29-2006, 09:07 PM
MY TURN, MY TURN!!!

Dood, everyone is giving you a hard time because you have over 1700 posts, are asking a noob question, and should know how to use the search button by now.

I'm lazy too when it comes to search but I still go into the threads and look for the highlighted keywords to see if it's relevant.

C'mon man admit that you do deserve some flaming. I learned the answer to this question just by talking to a guy about his mods around 5 years ago.

oh and no matter how you drill em....the rotors will not line up perfect. I've got 4 attempts at drilling to attest for that. So good luck.

Dude have you read all of my posts in here? I've addressed your comments 5 times already. Just go back and read them, I'm not going to type them again, oh, guess it's b/c I'm lazy, lol.:goyou:

theicecreamdan
11-30-2006, 09:17 AM
i'm not even worried about the 1700 posts, but your join date is july 02... SURELY you've been here during the dawn of the "search newb" era.

Dream240
11-30-2006, 09:35 AM
Dude have you read all of my posts in here? I've addressed your comments 5 times already. Just go back and read them, I'm not going to type them again, oh, guess it's b/c I'm lazy, lol.:goyou:

um....yeah i did. That's why I was replying. And my post wasn't meant for a response. It was merely my attempt at fitting in.

ME = fail :(

ThatGuy
11-30-2006, 09:47 AM
You're ok Dream240. Chucky here, is just a little upset about everyone flaming him. I'd have thought he would have expected it, given that he is asking about one of the most common modifications done to the S-Chassis. :duh: No matter. He has gotten his answer, no matter how simple. This thread has no need to stay open. Poor Chucky has been e-abused enough. Perhaps this will motivate him to look a bit harder for his answer before posting a question again.

http://my.opera.com/bluesman2333/homes/albums/634/thumbs/dumbass.jpg_thumb.jpg
:lockd: :lockd: :lockd: :lockd: :lockd: :lockd: :lockd: :lockd: