PDA

View Full Version : silvia s13 frontend swap

CRASHTH
11-28-2006, 02:28 PM
is ther anything special i need to know about doing the silvia front end on a s13 or is all i need is the lights grill and fenders and hood ?

sncs14
11-28-2006, 02:58 PM
All you need to know you will find by searching. This has been covered a bagillion times.

'90RPS13
11-28-2006, 04:29 PM
You need a custom special hood brackets along with super uber rare bolts to keep on this jdm tightness yo! SEARCH!!!!!!!

P.S. Also welcome to the RED ZONE!!! ROFL

elixirvtec
11-28-2006, 04:56 PM
is ther anything special i need to know about doing the silvia front end on a s13 or is all i need is the lights grill and fenders and hood ?

YOu don't need anything special. Only thing you will need is brackets for the headlights. Everything else should bolt right up

ledzeppelin240
11-28-2006, 06:21 PM
Ever since I got my s13 silvia front end I swear there has been about 3 of these same threads. Someone should compile a complete thread on the wiring, parts needed, and the headlight/fog light bulb types.

drift freaq
11-28-2006, 06:35 PM
Ever since I got my s13 silvia front end I swear there has been about 3 of these same threads. Someone should compile a complete thread on the wiring, parts needed, and the headlight/fog light bulb types.
Heh, heres to the newbs. hahahhahhaha , nothing personel but this particular conversion has been around since the late 90's. Fact is most people know how to do it. Its pretty straight forward and most places that sell you the conversion, sell you everything you need, if you buy a complete front end. Wiring is downright simple. All the info for all of it is all over the net.
The only people that ever ask about it are extremely newb. and most likely have not searched for the info.

nissanguy13
11-29-2006, 12:42 AM
Fenders, hood and bumper bolt right up. If you have a fmic youre going to have to cut the bumper support to make it fit. You need the headlight brackets from a silvia, 240 ones wont work. the passenger side marker wiring harness will reach the running light , you will have to extend the driver side. You can splice into that harness to make both running light and turn signal light work, if you dont want to use the corner for a turn signal (which it was intended for.). If you want the corner to blink you will have to splice into your turn signal harness. I believe the turn signals plug right in, I used Uras ones. If not, just get a set off a pig nose bumper and slap them on. headlights will plug right in. If you have the brick style lights, you can splice into the headlight motor harness to power the fog lights. :jerkit: it takes a couple hours max.