PDA

View Full Version : fender question.

hicasren
11-25-2006, 05:26 PM
sorry if this is a dumb question, but do sohc fenders off of an s13 fit on a dohc s13?

punxva
11-25-2006, 06:07 PM
wow please search yes the do...

gotta240
11-25-2006, 07:02 PM
How the hell is he supposed to find that info with a search?!

shame_16
11-25-2006, 07:08 PM
word :jerkit:

hicasren
11-25-2006, 07:09 PM
thanks for the info. i thought these forums were here to answer even the most basic questions if not then im sorry.

Grandpa
11-25-2006, 08:53 PM
Yes, it bolts up. It's not a direct replacement though.

!Zar!
11-26-2006, 04:15 AM
Everyone except Punxva and Grandpa fails at life who posted in this thread.

Zenki fenders will fit on a Chuki and visa vera. The only difference is that zenki fenders don't have a valance on the side like Chuki fenders do. Other than that it bolts right up.

I guess this thread shows how many nubs there are that lack the ability to use common since to search.

And if you all want to be smart asses, remember this. 9/10 whatever you are too stupid to figure out has probably been discussed on here.

JUST SEARCH MORE

RedSVTFlareside
11-26-2006, 05:01 AM
!Zar! nailed it. There is a bumper extension that the 89-90 cars don't have. Its just a piece of plastic that is screwed into the fender that makes the 91-94 bumper smooth to the wheel opening.

I remember when I was a noob. I trashed my original fenders for fiberglass +20 front fenders. I didn't realize that I threw away the bumper extensions. Now I don't have any and my car looks bad. Its on the bottom of my priority list though.

g6civcx
11-26-2006, 07:56 AM
I already typed up a very long post with pictures about this.

They wil physically bolt up, but the newer body style has the extension to make the front look wider. If you don't care you can just leave it, or get the fender extensions and bolt them on.

punxva
11-26-2006, 10:39 AM
see whoever was saying that if you searched you wont find this was retarted, seeing as i did a search for him and found the answer within the first page of results, thanks Zar for the backup on that bro

hicasren
11-26-2006, 11:16 AM
yea i shouldve searched more but thanks anyway for the info guys.

gotta240
11-26-2006, 02:45 PM
easy on the "life failure" shit.... The "you shoulda searched" bs is getting annoying.

besides, I'm not the one saying that too much caster requires "adjustable toe connectors"

!Zar!
11-26-2006, 04:54 PM
easy on the "life failure" shit.... The "you shoulda searched" bs is getting annoying.

besides, I'm not the one saying that too much caster requires "adjustable toe connectors"
When you change your caster, your toe changes with it.

Got a problem with that? And if your'e going to quote, do it right. I said, "Adjustable toe linkages".

Only person you can get angry at for lacking the tact to search is yourself.

Nice to know you're still thinking about me. <3

gotta240
11-26-2006, 05:36 PM
First of all, i'm not angry at all. Besides, how do i "lack the tact to search"? It wasn't my thread and i don't own an s13,therefore i had no reason to search.

Back to the caster. Obviously any adjustment in a suspension component will throw of other settings. On an s14, and any car i've seen, these so called "adjustable toe linkages" are called tie rods/ends. Furthermore, every tie rod/end i've seen has been adjustable...

furthermore...thanks for the neg rep. The high school characteristics of this board are becoming more evident daily.

koukimonster139
11-26-2006, 05:51 PM
pssst...
gotta240 fails at life pass it on :keke:

!Zar!
11-26-2006, 08:53 PM
First of all, i'm not angry at all. Besides, how do i "lack the tact to search"? It wasn't my thread and i don't own an s13,therefore i had no reason to search.
How the hell is he supposed to find that info with a search?!
Hmm. Then you had no reason to be in this thead in the first place.

Back to the caster. Obviously any adjustment in a suspension component will throw of other settings. On an s14, and any car i've seen, these so called "adjustable toe linkages" are called tie rods/ends. Furthermore, every tie rod/end i've seen has been adjustable...
Why are you bringing a WHOLE DIFFRENT thread into this one?
Don't get butt hurt at me. I wasn't directing anything twards you. But since you took it apon yourself to do so...

Since you want to talk about suspension tuning, the oem range is limited. I don't remember the exact specs, but if you adjust caster too much you won't be able to have the effective toe setting you might want.

I know very well what suspension parts names are. I said TOE rods so that the origonal thread starter would know what I was talking about. Bringing that up here is about as stupid as debating how some people say tire and other say tyre. It's all the same.

I along with other people answered the thread starters question.

And all you brought to this thread was a pile of shit.

urthermore...thanks for the neg rep...
You didn't bring anything usefull to this thread and you were judged accordingly.
My neg rep? haha.

hicasren
11-30-2006, 06:54 AM
I already typed up a very long post with pictures about this.

They wil physically bolt up, but the newer body style has the extension to make the front look wider. If you don't care you can just leave it, or get the fender extensions and bolt them on.

what page would this post be on?

HalveBlue
11-30-2006, 10:09 AM
Do a simple search, keyword "fenders".

Or go do an advanced search on posts by g6civcx.

This thread sucks now.