PDA

View Full Version : Window Conversion??

roboo7
11-22-2006, 01:14 AM
s13-240sx in good condition are hard to come by around my neighborhood. so when i was lucky enough to buy one in good enough condition i jumped at the change. the only thing is the car is manual windows, locks and mirrors. i dont know if im gonna be comfortable with that. so i was just wondering if it would be too much work to swap the manual door set with a power door set. is it just a swap in swap out type thing or do you have to get new electronics? i know to convert power mirrors you have to get a center console switch. what else is involved? has anyone else done this? thanks for any input i appreciate it.

btw. its a '89 240sx.

projekt_s13
11-22-2006, 02:31 AM
yep i did it like 2 weeks ago, its just swap in and out.

All you need is:
- 2x Window rail with motor
- 2x Door Power Harness
- 2x control switch

Just rip out your old door harness, and unplug it (its near the fuses in the drivers side) Your new harness will have additional connectors, dont worry cuz your car has the plugs for them. Find them, plug in all connectors and control switch. Install new window rail,bolt window to the rail, turn key to "ON" test it.
Then your finished

TipStylez
11-22-2006, 02:53 AM
^You make it sound sooo easy.

projekt_s13
11-22-2006, 03:06 AM
lol its is, it only took me like 45 min to 1 hour. The hard part is puting in the new door harnesses.

projectRDM
11-22-2006, 08:29 AM
You must have gotten lucky, every base model S13 I've stripped is not prewired for locks, windows, or mirrors.

projekt_s13
11-22-2006, 08:52 PM
wow forreal? I thought since mine had them then all base models had them.
oh well.

roboo7
11-22-2006, 09:13 PM
well i hope my hatch has wire preinstalled. if not, it might take me more than an hour to convert manual to power windows. btw projekt_s13 what were the options your coupe came with?

projekt_s13
11-22-2006, 09:20 PM
umm... cruise control, sunroof, analog cluster, it was a 91 BTW.

roboo7
11-22-2006, 09:23 PM
mines is a hatch with cruise control and no sunroof. did you convert the car into power locks and power mirrors also?

TipStylez
11-22-2006, 09:28 PM
Well...im guessing since you had the model with a few options.

Nissan made two diffrent harnesses.
One, with no options.
The other, with all the options. Then they can just hook up stuff and install it if the buyer wanted one or all of the options.

Makes sense to me, since its a cheap way to save money.

Just like when you do a 5speed conversion, all the mounting points are there for the slave, you just gotta drill it ect.

TipStylez
11-22-2006, 09:29 PM
Well...im guessing since you had the model with a few options.

Nissan made two diffrent harnesses.
One, with no options.
The other, with all the options. Then they can just hook up stuff and install it if the buyer wanted one or all of the options.

Makes sense to me, since its a cheap way to save money.

Just like when you do a 5speed conversion, all the mounting points are there for the slave, you just gotta drill it ect.

HyperTek
11-22-2006, 09:52 PM
ebay...aftermarket power window kits and door locks..
I got Spal. good quality.. my only problem was having to re-solder the contact leads on the window motor itself

projekt_s13
11-22-2006, 10:24 PM
i did convert power door locks, but i didnt get to do the power mirrors since i sold the car like 2 days ago.