PDA

View Full Version : Autopower Roll cage question - owners chime in here-

TurbLu
11-21-2006, 11:50 AM
Ok,

Im planning on going with the Autopower roll cage. My question is do the A Pillar drop down bars block visibility of A piller mounted gauges? Im about to order my gauges and pods but if its going to block visibility Im going to order a different type of guage mount other than a dual a pillar gauge pod.

cfinch
11-21-2006, 12:03 PM
Gauge pods are for fags... Get some real gauges and mount them in a better place. Get a real cage too if you want to have any kind of room in your car. I don't think there is anyone in Vegas who builds cages so I guess I'm the closest one to Vegas? Well there is Mild2Wild if you wan't to trust them with your car... They don't know shit tho...

A Spec Products
11-21-2006, 12:23 PM
Yeah, assuming you have 2 gauges on the A pillar, it would probably be better to relocate them to the center a/c vents or something.

I'd be more worried about clearance of the halo bars on an autopower cage.

My autopower fits nicely, but its a 4 point....not sure I'd trust autopower on front fitment if you know what I mean.

brainfood
11-21-2006, 12:43 PM
My autopower fit okay in my s14, If I wanted to do it cheap again I would get the 4pt and have the front bars made. or contact Alex P. (battleversion.com) they have s13 weld in kits that are much better quality and if you are looking for s14 email him anyway he is trying to get them made.

slideways2004
11-21-2006, 02:47 PM
get rid of the gauge pod. its kind of dangerous in a way. b/c its so close to the windshield, your eyes have to focus in and out when veiwing at the guages while driving. if your driving somewhere and need quick reflexes, its gonna mess you up b/c your gonna be waiting for eyes to refocus.

KiDyNomiTe
11-21-2006, 03:05 PM
It will be in the way, only way it won't is if you were to get mount it in a way where it would be in the way of your feet or arms.

420sx
11-21-2006, 03:10 PM
weld in or go home. autopower is a waste of money unless u just want a 4 point. seriously.

Sr-Silvia
11-21-2006, 03:28 PM
You wouldnt be able to use gauge pod, just relocate the gauges to you center vent. I have a 6 point autopower roll cage for and s13 i am selling for $500, save yourself some money, drop me a pm if you are interested.

McRussellPants
11-21-2006, 03:29 PM
Troof.

Autopower and the cages that copy it eat shit.

theicecreamdan
11-21-2006, 08:32 PM
I don't think there is anyone in Vegas who builds cages

I call BS on that one. Huge city surrounded by tons of desert = tons of off-road activity. Huge speedway big motorsports area... there's places to build cages.