PDA

View Full Version : engine harness difference?

r_seng
11-19-2006, 04:28 PM
i have a 91 FASTBACK SE with a 95 KA. im lowered enough that my tire wore through the fender lining and chewed up my harnesses behind the lining. im looking to by a new engine harness. my initial question is if there is a difference between engine harnesses being that i drive a 91 FASTBACK SE with a 95 KA. i have owned my car for a little over a year now but there is still much more i need to learn. also is the engine harness a "plug and play type" or must i cut and solder them? any help will be much appreciated. thank you.

dct223
11-19-2006, 05:23 PM
the harness you wore through is not the engine harness, and why buy a new one? you can just cut and solder to fix, then relocate harness higher up in the fender well.

r_seng
11-19-2006, 05:30 PM
if not the engine harness that what is it?

i read that, that harness runs over the fender lining, across the core support, and to the fuse box.

dct223
11-19-2006, 05:37 PM
its a body/accessory harness... you read up about it.. it goes to the FUSE BOX, a fuse box is not a engine..

engine harness goes from ECU to various things on your engine, as well as some power plugs, and connects to body harness...

g6civcx
11-19-2006, 06:21 PM
The "engine harness" as people call it goes from the ECU, connects all the sensors on the engine, and goes to the fusebox area near the battery.

It's confusing because Nissan uses names like "engine room harness".

Get an FSM and follow the wires. The one you chewed through is the one that needs to be relocated. Check the other thread with pictures.

r_seng
11-19-2006, 10:41 PM
i see now. thanks for all the help guys.