PDA

View Full Version : heavy white smoke!!!!!!!

llteddy4playll
11-11-2006, 04:44 PM
Everything was fine untill i installed 740cc and enthalpy. After the install the car is constantly blowing white smoke and it smells like fuel. Before it was fine and i checked for leaking injector and its good. What else could be wrong? Bad tune or what?

fliprayzin240sx
11-12-2006, 02:34 AM
white smoke usually means coolant. Check your compression, something could have gone wrong before you installed it. As far as the fuel, enthalpys tunes are still usually rich which could explain the fuel smell.

gotta240
11-12-2006, 02:54 AM
FYI, typically smoke colors go as follows

white- coolant/water
blue- oil
black- rich

Are you sure its WHITE? If so, i'm guessing bad head gasket... Start with a comp. check and work from there.

llteddy4playll
11-12-2006, 12:36 PM
This is a brand new motor. Compression test is good. The smoke is white with a lil black smoke. No smell of coolant watsoever only fuel. I just noticed today that the enthalpy ecu led is constantly on. I had a friend that had that problem and he sent it back and got it fixed somehow.

GSXRJJordan
11-12-2006, 01:48 PM
The ECU light is gonna be on whenever the ignition is turned on. Sounds like you've got a mismatched ECU/injectors, as long as you're positive compression's good. I'm assuming you dont have a wideband to doublecheck, but how's throttle response off idle? Does the car run at all?

bardabe
11-12-2006, 02:58 PM
well when I blew an injector O-Ring I got massive white smoke. so white is not always coolant. FYI.

llteddy4playll
11-12-2006, 05:36 PM
It idles and rev perfect. Just blow smoke. But to make sure all you do is take out the fuel rail off the manifold and see if theres fuel leaking from the bottom right?