PDA

View Full Version : KA24E Questions Timing/Auto Tranny

Jammon
07-11-2002, 08:52 AM
Yea Hey I need some help I just put my head back on and i need to check the timing/ change the timing to be good ..

Also when i took her down the road she stumbles when starting off with acceleration .. she has no intake filter, and a hole in the EGR hose so there is a nasty sounding exhaust leak.. (I am fixing it today)

another thing is the tranny .. first starts off fine but it revs out to like 5 and they i have to hold 5k for like 5 secs before it shifts to 2nd then 2nd won't go into 3rd  ... ?? any ideas ..

i heard about the little connector that u disconnect thats over by the air box that supposedly stops the tranny from doing "easy shifts"...

these are my problems.. and for those who saw me post before about water in my intake .. it turned out to be a warped head . so its all rebuilt and back on and  seems to be ok .. i pulled the thermostat and saw it was really old , it even said nissan on it.. so it dont run one now..

l8rs

JaMMoN MoN ..

240sxygrl
07-11-2002, 10:41 AM
I just checked the timing on my 92 SE, so maybe i can help you out with that. It turned out i was running advanced, as I suspected. I picked up a timing light at my local parts store for $40. It's great if you have access to a lift, because there's no way to gain access to the crankshaft pulley from the top without taking stuff apart. It's really quite easy. Directions that come with the light are simple. It gives directions about advancing or retarding the timing also. If you know what a pulley is and what a distributor is, you can check your timing.

Might want to handle that EGR problem. I just disabled mine all together when it stuck open and my car would cut out all the time at low RPM's. Cheaper than getting a new one.

Kelly

Jammon
07-12-2002, 07:28 AM
How do you disable the EGR .... and as far as timing goes I have done timing before ... why would you get underneath the car ?

anyone else have an idea why the auto tranny doesn't shift right?