PDA

View Full Version : Mines Ecu

BlownKa24deS13
07-10-2002, 11:02 PM
Hey guys just wanted to ask something about the Mines Ecu. What is so good about it? Where can i get it? What exactly does it do to the sr20det redtop and how much does it cost? I would really apriciate some feedback on this please.

HippoSleek
07-11-2002, 07:54 AM
Like any reprogrammed ECU, the Mines is set up to accomodate mods.  I know there are bootleg daughter boards floating around designed for an s13 motor that are trained to accomodate a larger exhaust, fmic, slightly larger injectors, and larger MAF.  

If you do these upgrades, you will feel improvement - but the ECU will be holding you back b/c the computer doesn't know how to fine tune these new elements.  A Mines (or other) ECU will take care of this, resulting in increased performance, fuel economy, and safety.

The caveat is to KNOW what the program you are buying was made for.  If you don't have the mods it was set up for or have too many it will do you little good.

Archangel
07-12-2002, 01:59 AM
Look into a JWT (Jim Wolf Technologies) they will custom program an ecu for your car.  Tell them what mods you've got (Intake-headers-exahaust, turbo, Nitrous, whatever) and they'll tune the ecu to accomodate the mods.
JWT does great things for Nissans.

Also, a reprogrammed ecu can, and usually will, eliminate the rev limiter and/or speed limiter that factory ecu's come with.