PDA

View Full Version : Power Steering woes

CylonFrakker
11-09-2006, 08:54 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK so after the whole head gasket install. My power steering has not worked since day one of the 2JZ install . I have ignored it and just driven it like that. So today after the car decided to follow a groove in the road and almost put me in the wall i decided its time to fix it. Now I have removed the pump and replaced the pump. Still no Power Steering. I replaced the reservoir and its still doesn't work. I replaced the return hose form the frame rail to the pump and still no power steering. I am only to believe that my rack is FUBAR'd I have even tried to bleed the powersteering pump a few times. Nothing. The fluid does not over boil and the pump does not make any nosie. So next I need to find the drain for the rack and drain it fully run compressed air through it and and make sure its not clogged. Then go from there. It doesn't leak and it seems to be cycling the fluid from out of the reservoir and back into it. It just does not work. I am going nuts about it. Any help would be appreciated. Any ideas what to look for. I did slightly bend one of my lines out of the way for the intercooler but its not kinked just moved slightly. Like 1cm. to the outside which means its straightened not pinched.

McRussellPants
11-09-2006, 08:58 AM
The return from the rack should go to the resivoir.

a line should go from the resivoir to the pump

and then the high pressure hose should go from the pump to the rack.

CylonFrakker
11-09-2006, 09:33 AM
The return from the rack should go to the resivoir.

a line should go from the resivoir to the pump

and then the high pressure hose should go from the pump to the rack.

1. The return is going to the reservoir

2. There is a line going to the reservoir to the pump

3. The high pressure hose does goe the the rack from the pump.

The system cycles fluid in and out with out a glitch so i don't know what the fuck is going on. I have yet to blow air through the lines to make sure they are clean and empty! Are their any filters on the rack or on the lines?

ManoNegra
11-09-2006, 09:46 AM
What fluid are you using?
240s take ATF instead of power steering fluid.

CylonFrakker
11-09-2006, 11:43 AM
so do the 2JZ pumps. I had my pump tested and its good for 1000 psi!

infinitexsound
11-09-2006, 06:19 PM
check again for plumbing route.. and iono try ur pump again....

slideways2004
11-09-2006, 07:58 PM
What fluid are you using?
240s take ATF instead of power steering fluid.

what is the difference between power steering and atf? (retard moment)

cmcdougle
11-09-2006, 11:22 PM
Will it hurt it to run power steering fluid? They have similar consistancies.

Check howstuffworks.com for a diagram, maybe something in that gearing is messed up.

CylonFrakker
11-10-2006, 07:02 AM
i am going to pull the rack and replace the filters as well run new lines for high pressure and low pressure. I am also going to blow the lines clean and get everything out.