PDA

View Full Version : Engine check light isn't on?

silversr
11-04-2006, 10:27 PM
Im in the process of swapping a redtop into a 92 5speed but when I turn the key to the 2nd position all the lights on the right side of the guage cluster work except the left side of the gauge cluster like the check engine,oil etc.lights don't come on.Everything is grounded from what I can see,the intake manifold to the chassis,coil pack harness to the body and two small ones onto the int.manifold.checked fuses
Any help would be great,and please don't say search because thats what I've been doing for the past 4hrs

GSXRJJordan
11-05-2006, 01:46 AM
I know the oil pressure light is supposed to work, but I dont think the check engine light connects to anything, unless its one of the Consult wires that I always just tape off and forget about :O If I wasn't so lazy I'd go out and check mine, but then again the only insturments I check for are tach and fuel level, have autometers for everything else...

silversr
11-05-2006, 08:45 AM
Could you check for me please :x: So the check engine light isn't suppose to come on on the second turn of the key?only the oil check light?Could someone that owns an sr verify this for me.