PDA

View Full Version : Soooo

S13SilviaGirl
11-03-2006, 06:12 PM
It looks like Kevin and I will be in Whidbey around Jun 2007.... Anyone here close to the area?

Wykydtron
11-06-2006, 05:11 AM
Yeep, there is definately a lot of people around Whidbey, I use to live 20 minutes from the island. I'm up in Bellingham now, but it's not that much of a drive. What are you and Kevin doing in Whidbey? Maybe we can meet up, chit chat, get a few of the Nissan peeps around to have a mini meet.

S13SilviaGirl
11-08-2006, 06:00 AM
Well, I am getting stationed up there and we are actually looking into Bellingham area. Any suggestions? What do you do up there?

1Via!
11-08-2006, 02:50 PM
Come to seattle, Theres a hell of a lot more to do. Getting your car on and off the whidbey ferry can be a pain if its nice and low, but besides that its all good. Not to diss bellingham or anything; its a nice small city thats fairly historic and has nice character because its a college town and whatnot. That said, you will probably find yourself coming to seattle more often than you might think. And all the cool people live down here. haha

My parents are moving up to the south end of whidbey in the next year or two and my dad works up in oak harbor.

Check out/introduce yourself on northwestnissans.com, theres a fair representation of the nissan community from BC down through Oregon, not to mention the best local nissan classifieds around.

S13SilviaGirl
11-08-2006, 04:35 PM
Sweet, thanks for the nice WA welcome! I have always wanted to live in Seattle, but, I think that would be too far to drive to work everyday!

Few questions...

What is that state tax right now?
Gas? Cheapest and the highest octane...

Thanks!

DJPimpFlex
11-08-2006, 04:49 PM
I usta live on whidby. It was ok. I lived in useless bay. Havent been there in years. I dont get along with my parents, who still live there.

Tenchuu
11-08-2006, 06:26 PM
congrats on moveing to the pacNW, have fun with all the area and little cops.

1Via!
11-08-2006, 09:01 PM
State sales tax is something like 9.--% and I think the last time i filled up it was $2.53 a gallon for premium(92 octane).

Maybe look into the south end of whidbey. It would be a decent drive to the base and you would be about 40ish minutes from seattle proper, depending on the ferry.

Wykydtron
11-09-2006, 10:51 PM
Sweet, thanks for the nice WA welcome! I have always wanted to live in Seattle, but, I think that would be too far to drive to work everyday!

Few questions...

What is that state tax right now?
Gas? Cheapest and the highest octane...

Thanks!

In Whatcom County (Bellingham) its 8.4%, gas is about the same here as it is in Seattle. Bellingham is a college town with Western Washington, Whatcom Community, and Bellingham Technical College.

Seattle or Bham are good choices, the commute varies. If you want a communte equivalent to Bellingham -> Whidbey, I'd say Marysville would be another option.

1Via!
11-10-2006, 01:43 AM
yeah, except marysville sucks compared to bellingham or seattle.

S13SilviaGirl
11-11-2006, 09:36 AM
Thanks for all the help guys! I just registered on NWN tonight, gahhh too much homework! took me 11 hours to do 13 questions for history!