PDA

View Full Version : Specs for my new ksport coilovers..

jahrolla
10-31-2006, 10:32 PM
hey i just got my new ksport coilover set for my 89 nissan 240sx..and i need some specs for daily driver, and mountain touge..i live up in victorville...

-jaREed

punxva
11-01-2006, 11:44 AM
by specs do you mean settings?

TAMTANIUM
11-01-2006, 02:19 PM
very simple my man. Just set the rear on soft for more grip and the front in the middle. If you haven't install your coilovers yet, do them before you put them on your car. Don't compress the spring too much, just let it kinda loose for daily and you should be good. For anything else there is a search button for all your answers.

jahrolla
11-02-2006, 09:29 AM
sorry im kinda of a noob at this stuff...soo yeah...how do i soften my it? or stiffin it?...and yeah what ride height...?

!Zar!
11-02-2006, 10:19 AM
If you look at the top of the coilovers, there is a knob.

Did you even look at the manual before you threw them on?

I know for sure you didn't search zilvia before/after you purchaced them, so disregard my previous statment.

Now it's time for keeping it real with Mel. ^____^

Why in the hell are you driving in the mountains, if you don't even possess the ability and common sense to do something as simple as adjusting coilovers.

I don't want to hear any I was too lasy bs.

This is the bs that I'm sick of. Nubs tossing random stuff that they have no idea about on their car, then coming on zilvia failling at life.

I mean really, are you THAT stupid to not know wtf to do with coilovers? Sounds like your should've kept your car stock and learned on that first; Not being mean, being real. [/keepingitreal]

Stop sounding like a waste of sperm, and search.

ladiesman8527
11-02-2006, 10:23 AM
^fo real. just experiment with the settings. its not that hard. and stay away from the mountains. youre not ready.

vw_nissan
11-02-2006, 11:06 AM
You should have 4 keys that you can stick them into the shock body to adjust the stiffness....it even says the direction for hard and soft. For daily drive, just send them all to soft unless you want harsh ride. For track or autox, just experiment it and find the settings you like.
And for those who are giving a hard time on this guy, how do you guys know he doesn't know how to drive?

drift into a curb
11-02-2006, 11:48 AM
front 11. rears 6. yep!

articdragon192
11-02-2006, 12:02 PM
So you're basically asking us to set up your coilovers for you? Bahahaha. Seriously, here's the best answer I can give you. Do whatever the fuck you want to do with them. Ride height, that's al you. Preload and dampening? Do you even know what preload is? K, just skip that, haha. Dampening can be adjusted by turning the knobs and preload by adjusting the collars on the springs. What to know what to set them at? Drive around on different settings and see what you like. We cant tell you how to set up your car because we aren't you. Youll know what you want and like. Work with the coilovers accordingly. Coilovers just opened up a whole new level of adjustment to you. Unfortunately, it seems like you are totally unprepared for that.

TAMTANIUM
11-02-2006, 12:34 PM
Please read your manual instructions before you take your car out to the roads. You might seriously endanger other people with loose nuts or didn't tighten down your coilovers right.

If you're having such a hard time adjusting your coilovers, maybe you should send them over to me. I'll adjust them for you and move on with your life.

"And for those who are giving a hard time on this guy, how do you guys know he doesn't know how to drive?"

because if he can drives he wouldn't have any problem with adjusting something so common sense. Unless he can't read english or japanese then i don't blame him. Other than that it's just common sense.

OBEEWON
11-02-2006, 07:47 PM
I hope you have a good back. K-sports are meant for track use...

!Zar!
11-03-2006, 02:29 AM
Wrong. K sports are meant for trash cans.

Nothing makes them any different from any other performance coilover.

Jung918
11-03-2006, 02:46 AM
hey i just got my new ksport coilover set for my 89 nissan 240sx..and i need some specs for daily driver, and mountain touge..i live up in victorville...

-jaREed

Next time you should do more research before you make a purchase. No one can tell you what is the best setting for your car except for the person driving it. People have different mods, driving techniques, etc.

Not all coilovers are the same. There are different designs (twin tube, inverted mono tube, external reservoir, etc), different springs rates/sizes/designs, some have helper springs, different settings adjustments, etc. Some companies will make coilovers for one car and then just mass produce them for many different cars. You just need to do your own research and ask the right questions.

s13monkey
11-03-2006, 02:55 AM
look i got the same thing on my 240sx if you dont want a bumpy ride dont slam it also if this i your firts set of coilovers loosen the spring because if you dont your going to fuck then up also compress the coilover when spring is loose then pull it back up you do this to remove any air in the shock. as for the knobs they have a H and S. H for hard and S soft leave the on full soft for the time being. after a while start to play with it i have mine mid hard in the front and mid soft in the rear but thats me different people like to ride differently so play around with it. a good thing to do is to measure the coilovers so that you have the car even ( use a ruler). also take in mind that ksport coilovers are not rally style coilovers so take it easy on then.

Jung918
11-03-2006, 02:58 AM
look i got the same thing on my 240sx if you dont want a bumpy ride dont slam it also if this i your firts set of coilovers loosen the spring because if you dont your going to fuck then up also compress the coilover when spring is loose then pull it back up you do this to remove any air in the shock. as for the knobs they have a H and S. H for hard and S soft leave the on full soft for the time being. after a while start to play with it i have mine mid hard in the front and mid soft in the rear but thats me different people like to ride differently so play around with it. a good thing to do is to measure the coilovers so that you have the car even ( use a ruler). also take in mind that ksport coilovers are not rally style coilovers so take it easy on then.

And all this time I thought they were sealed with nitrogen in them.