PDA

View Full Version : installing suspension bar

k4nx
10-31-2006, 08:27 PM
ok so i just got a 240 and i purchased some suspension parts.

I got a cusco front strut bar, megan racing front pillow tension rods, and the bar that is supposed to strenghthen right below the rear window. I'm not sure what it is called its either the c-pillar or the b-pillar. Can anyone please show me with a picture where I am supposed to bolten these up to, their is a plastic cover and I'm not sure If im supposed to take it off or not and before I do I want to make sure.

Also my front strut bar looks like it does not reach from strut to strut, is there a way to adjust the length, If so please show me with a picture what I need to adjust.

Thanks in advance,

Adrian

Jung918
10-31-2006, 08:36 PM
The A pillar is the one by the windshield, the B pillar is in the middle, and the C pillar is in the rear by the rear glass. I am guessing you are either talking about the rear strut bar or the upper c pillar bar. The rear strut bar goes on top of the rear struts and the c pillar bar I believe goes where the rear seatbelts go.

GSXRJJordan
10-31-2006, 08:38 PM
You need to have the car raised to put the front strut tower bar on (properly), and yes there should be adjustment in either one or both sides of the cross bar. The other (rear) bar you've got sounds like a rear strut tower bar, as a C pillar bar goes "in the middle" of the rear glass, not below. You'll need to pull the plastic covering the rear strut towers, not a big deal. The hard part is to put it back solidly enough to not rattle, like mine does.

k4nx
10-31-2006, 11:14 PM
yea im talking about the c-pillar, the one right under the glass window, not the one in the trunk which i believe is the rear one